Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony files new patent on "SmartWig"

RichAllen
Grafter

Sony files new patent on "SmartWig"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25099262
According to the above link, it has practical uses such as helping blind people cross the road.
I just think it looks well, a bit daft, and I hate Sony anyway.

6 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Sony files new patent on "SmartWig"

I liked the interactive beard Grin
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 123

The Japanese firm said the wig could be made from horse hair...

Now we know what happened to the rest of the animal after Tesco had finished with it Cheesy
Out of interest, RichAllen, why do you hate Sony? I have used Sony products for almost 40 years with rarely any issues.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Thunderclap
Grafter

Cool I expect Apple has already patented hair and Google own the patent on the air gap inbetween hair.

RichAllen
Grafter

Quote from: Mav

Out of interest, RichAllen, why do you hate Sony? I have used Sony products for almost 40 years with rarely any issues.

Part of the reason I hate Sony is because they make crap mobile phones that don't work, I've had 2 Sony Ericcsons on PAYG and they were both rubbish! Also, Playstation games are too easy to Pirate, years ago I had a PS1, and my little cousin persuaded me to get it chipped to buy copied games off his dodgy mate.
Fixes: 123

I'd forgotten about my Sony Mobile 3 years ago which regularly turned itself off, rebooted and froze.
Also, the USB connector for charging broke so I got that repaired under Barclays' Mobile insurance. They didn't fix it properly so they wanted to repair a second time but under their T&C if a repair wasn't fit for purpose they must offer a replacement. Thankfully they didn't have any Sonys left and sent me a brand new HTC.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

I bought a brand new HTC which had a camera failure just outside the warranty period. I switched my allegiance to Samsung.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation