cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone you might bump into on the school run ?

annerimmington
Grafter

Someone you might bump into on the school run ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2099077/Kick-Qatada-NOW-demand-MPs-Tories-urge-Cameron-depor...
Could only happen in this country !!  The very dangerous Qatada has been released on bail because The European Court of Human Rights reckons it would infringe his human rights to be deported to Jordan and is being allowed to walk his children to school (5 of them for which he of course receives thousands in benefits from the country he professes to hate so much) !    Why the heck don`t we tell the Court of Human Rights to take a running jump and stop interfering in the politics of our country.    I know France and Italy do not have to adhere to their so-called "rulings" so why do we ?    It will cost thousands to tag and monitor him - why can`t we defy the courts and deport him on the next plan to Jordan where hopefully their laws let the punishment fit the crime.
25 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Someone you might bump into on the school run ?

I fully agree.  We should ignore the ECHR and pack him back to Jordan.  The Prime Minister spoke to the King of Jordan yesterday and we are sending a minister out there next week to speak to them.  Perhaps he could take Qatada with him Cool
Fixes: 47

The European Court of Human Rights have in my opinion forgotten about the rights of the majority to protection.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Realistically what sanctions could they impose on us if we ignore their ruling Undecided
Credit to Cameron for trying to sort the situation out.
Fixes: 105

It does seem odd we can quite happily ship our own citizens off to the states at the drop of a hat whilst sending a citizen of another country that is seemingly a danger to this one can't be sent back to their own.
Perhaps an over simplistic view, but that's how it seems.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 47

Some would say because our masters across the pond told us to. Lips are sealed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
pierre_pierre
Grafter

back to the title of this thread
looking at a picture of the mob walking down the road, you will probably bump into them as all the (I Assume) women were wearing full burqa

they would not be allowed in France or Turkey and several other European countriies
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: artmo
Realistically what sanctions could they impose on us if we ignore their ruling Undecided

The French and Germans apparently regularly ignore ECHR over deportation issues.
So much for European unity...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

We're too law abiding in this country.  The Spanish also ignore anything they don't like.
annerimmington
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
looking at a picture of the mob walking down the road, you will probably bump into them as all the (I Assume) women were wearing full burqa

they would not be allowed in France or Turkey and several other European countriies

I think they should be banned here too.............seems to me they would be a perfect disguise for any potential terrorist (god forbid).  They seem very intimidating to me.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: dvorak
It does seem odd we can quite happily ship our own citizens off to the states at the drop of a hat whilst sending a citizen of another country that is seemingly a danger to this one can't be sent back to their own.

Well said. I remember what.. 15 odd years ago the USA were prosecuting some british Au Pair over the death of a baby she allegedly shook to death. I can't remember her name but the prosecutors (from memory) were attempting to seek life or the death sentence. Seems we have no problem with british people facing death abroad but a dangerous terrorists life must be protected. We can't send him abroad someone (might do us all a favour and) kill him!
Also I can't help but completely agree with pierres comment about the mob in their disguises. Our young kids are banned from most shopping centres for wearing their hoodies which clearly allow you to see their face yet these so called religious people can hide everything but their eyes. They come from countries where terrorists are rife, our police don't dare search them and our ministers are so scared of them they won't do a thing to confront the issue for fear of retaliation. The weird thing being that the pic pierre has posted looks like one of them is holding a camera phone (might be wrong) but I'll bet they're quite happy to abuse other peoples privacy rights whilst screaming racial discrimination if anyone threatens to remove their facial disguise.
I'm not racist, I'm not really into religion and frankly I don't care who comes from what country. What I do care about is everyone being treated equally and the law being applied to everyone fairly. If youths can't enter a shopping centre with their hood on, these relgious folks shouldn't be allowed in either.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

We're too law abiding in this country.  The Spanish also ignore anything they don't like.

Never a truer word spoken. They're not afraid to send in the police with batons flying yet over here it's all "can't do that, they have human rights".
Correction, law abiding citizens have human rights. Criminals don't. Someone somewhere got that bit mixed up it seems.
As you say artmo, we're TOO law abiding here and we need to look at how the rest of europe keeps breaking it's own rules and follow their example. Perhaps then we'll have a level playing field.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
randpwar
Grafter

I’ve sort of missed this one a bit as (no idea now why) I just didn’t take a lot of interest in the topic. Just a thought, but what is Cameron doing talking to King Abdullah of Jordan in the first place, given that he is an unelected head of state? (the King that is, not DC)  From wiki ‘The Constitution does not provide a strong system of checks and balances within which the Jordanian Parliament can assert its role in relationship to the Monarch. During the suspension of Parliament between 2001 and 2003, the scope of King Abdullah II’s power was demonstrated with the passing of 110 temporary laws. Two of such laws dealt with election law and were seen to reduce the power of Parliament’
So this man has been locked up for 6 years, as far as I’m aware without a trial in this country (presumably whilst the deportation issues plods on) and we are now trying our best to send him to a country run by a person that no-one has voted for to stand trial; guilty or not, he doesn’t stand a chance.
He was arrested because he (apparently) is believed to be heavily involved in terrorism including the bombings in London. If we have the proof that he was involved in terrorism, both here and elsewhere, why can’t we put him on trial and if/when he is found guilty then he should be subjected to the force of the law like any other.
I do completely concur that this man is dangerous and I don’t doubt has been responsible for terrible acts and should not be allowed to run free…but he must stand trial and not deported for a despot to do what he likes to him.

Another issue here is that I’m sure this issue is creating a lot of bad feeling towards perfectly law abiding decent people who have a Muslim faith
Community Veteran

A Much better way for Cameron to sort it out would be to put this Guy on the next plane out of the country. What happens to him in Jordan has nothing to do with us, any government is responsible for it's actions and it's not up to us to be telling them what they should or should not do.
This kind of thing makes us look weak and the longer it goes on the more we are likely to see law abiding Muslims suffer the consequences.
Community Veteran

Quote from: annerimmington
Quote from: pierre_pierre

I think they should be banned here too.............seems to me they would be a perfect disguise for any potential terrorist (god forbid).   They seem very intimidating to me.
Agree they should be banned here as well.
I Have seen several people driving with their faces covered and I am sure it must limit your vision.
Wonder how long I would be allowed to walk around the local town wearing a balaclava ?
I Could have some sympathy if it had something to do with their faith but this is not the case.