cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some people!

tinto
Grafter

Some people!

We had some snow here (again) this morning, about another foot of the stuff after a couple of days of mild thaw which got the schools and the roads open again.  The council website informed us around lunchtime they were closing the schools so I went to collect my grand daughter and some of the stuff I witnessed en route made me despair of the human race
A Drivers who could get some traction pressing on despite clearly visible vehicles ahead of them jam packed solidly on inclines all going nowhere. 
B) A man wearing trainers, complaining about conditions underfoot, saying that "they" should have been better prepared for such weather,
C) Another bright spark at the school claiming the snow was too deep for him and his daughter to walk home, demanding that one of  the harassed staff phone a taxi to collect him and his child.
Lots of villages are being deprived of perfectly good idiots because they choose to live in a town
12 REPLIES
hmarshy
Grafter

Re: Some people!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Community Veteran

The idiots are not all in the towns.
I went to the village shop yesterday. The car thingy said the temp was -6 C. I had layers plus ski jacket and a bobble hat.
As I got out of the car a man came out of the shop wearing a short sleeved shirt and walked off down the lane.
I couldn't decide whether he was stupid or just dead hard!
Fixes: 47

Just dead stupid Cheesy
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
pierre_pierre
Grafter

was going to post a news item, but not there yet
An Idiot was "Surfing" a main line train from Pitsea (Near Southend)  He fell off at Benfleet while the train was travelling at speed, now Serious in local Hospital
N/A

Seen in Morrisons yesterday - a man in shorts, trainers, no socks and just a lightweight jacket.  I kid you not!
Mind you, he did have very hairy legs so perhaps they were keeping him warm.  Roll eyes
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: poppy
a man in shorts, trainers, no socks and just a lightweight jacket.  

Very early lesson I learnt working in Norway  (didn't happen to me, but lots of evidence)
A cold bone can break more easily than a warm one
Norwegian Television for a number of years ran a series af Info-advertisments about keeping limbs well covered in the cold, specifically wrists and hands, protection against falls.
itsme
Grafter

Can your bones get cold?
N/A

As I know from experience - definitely!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Have you not heard the expression.."chilled to the bone" ?
itsme
Grafter

Expressions are not fact, most of your nerves are near the outer surface so you can't tell if your bones are cold. If you are not suffering from hypothermia I would say the temperature of bones do not change. 
Community Veteran

Thanks to PP for updating Avatar to be all Xmassy, cheered me up this gloomy day!
C.  Cheesy