cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some People Need A Right Kick In the Wotsits

Steve
Pro

Some People Need A Right Kick In the Wotsits

Animal welfare staff have attacked a dog owner who abandoned their pet overnight in freezing temperatures.
The cross bull terrier was left tied to a wheelie bin outside Munlochy Animal Aid Centre near Inverness, as temperatures plummed to -10C.
It chewed through the rope to free itself and went for shelter in nearby woods. Staff at the centre found the animal after discovering the chewed rope and hearing whining in the forest.
Iona Henderson, who runs the centre, said it was a "disgrace" somebody should treat a dog in that way.
She said she believed the terrier may have just given birth prior to being left abandoned last Wednesday night.

Full Story If You Can Stomach It...http://news.stv.tv/scotland/highlands-islands/214245-dog-abandoned-in-freezing-temperatures/
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Some People Need A Right Kick In the Wotsits

For all we know someone could of tied it up there for a few minutes... slipped on the ice somewhere and been taken to hospital unconscious.
I do agree though, anyone who does this intentionally is FUBAR.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Pro

Never thought of that Shocked Highly unlikely though, Anyone with Info can contact SSPCA on 01463 811722, I like the comment someone has left In the link.

I think as well as TV adverts asking for donations to help animal welfare organisations, they should put it across to people that they don't need to abandon animals but to hand them in. Some people don't have a clue and need to be told that this cruelty is unnecessary. I wish it could be made more difficult for them to acquire animals in the first place.

thisoldman
Grafter

id be more concerned about the thousands of elkdery people who are suffering in the cold and who can not get out for supplies and whi are being neglected(not on purpose) by social services
randpwar
Grafter

Both are bad, but (very large gulp) I'm with Thisoldman on this one
Steve
Pro

Quote from: thisoldman
id be more concerned about the thousands of elkdery people who are suffering in the cold and who can not get out for supplies and whi are being neglected(not on purpose) by social services
The elderly are not being tied outside to a wheelie bin though are they?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Both are good points.. but at least the elderly have 4 walls and a roof to keep the bitter wind off them.. even if they can't afford the heating. Worst case scenario is a quilt and bed.. or the sofa with the TV on. I know its not pleasant but I've been there myself.
The dog however had nothing. Probably not even hope. Thats just cruel.. nothing deserves to be treated like that.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
N/A

i really cannot see why this has anything at all to do with the topic.  My mum used to say that two wrongs don't make a right and she was quite right.
However, the crucial thing here is that people have a voice, animals don't.  They also have free will and the intelligence to do something about their plight.
Added to this is the close correlation between how we treat animals and how we treat people. Countries who have poor animals welfare rights usually treat the population with the same disregard.  Abusers of children often start their 'careers' abusing animals.
And as for old people being left, why do we always expect social services to pick this up?  Families, friends and neighbours all have a part to play IMO.
Steve
Pro

I'm with you on that poppy, Made no sense to me either why you could possibly suggest the two problems In question are related.