cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Non-Jobs Being Advertised

Community Veteran

Some Non-Jobs Being Advertised

Some councils are advertising non-jobs in the present economic climate.  What a waste of our money Angry
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Some Non-Jobs Being Advertised

I don't normally quote the Telegraph but this sounds typical http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/philipjohnston/8199573/Non-jobs-are-out-to-ruin-George...
Non-jobs are out to ruin George's Christmas
Vested interests are protecting administrators and forcing cuts to vital services, says Philip Johnston.

James
Grafter

I was particularly amused by "Weekend Explainer".
Community Veteran

Brown has got a lot to answer for with his PFIs hasn't he Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Quote from: Jameseh
I was particularly amused by "Weekend Explainer".

And what about the salary for the Communications Director?  £700 a day - not bad for speaking to people for a living Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: artmo
Brown has got a lot to answer for with his PFIs hasn't he Roll eyes
A Quick way to get a lot of Hospitals and other Buildings up..........Take the credit for doing so........then leave future generations to pay well over the odd for these facilities.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and my local NHS just opened has Canadians taking the Money, Broomfield Large district just opened, refurbished PFI , French taking the credit
Community Veteran

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Broomfield

If only you knew what had been going on there in recent years.... Lips are sealed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I like the "Communications Waste Strategy Officer" could start with the job advert as an example of waste.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Quote from: HPsauce
Broomfield
If only you knew what had been going on there in recent years.... Lips are sealed

I was given some of the lowdown by one of the board members.  Best not to say anything  Huh
Having said that Broomfield is now a very well run hospital although they've had further upsets at board level where Prof Graham Ramsay is now Chief Executive and they are pursuing Foundation Trust again, having had to put it on hold for a while.