Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] Smileys People

maranello
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

[Solved] Smileys People

I thought carefully about where to place this post. Having decided that the risk of the the thread spreading beyond my original request, I decided that this is the place to post.
Anyway, what I need help with is smileys! Smiley
I want to send out an email (via Outlook and Outlook Express) to a number of people who owe me money. In particular, I want to accompany the email with the smiley graphic that is often referred to in these forums as 'Mand's Training Tool', i.e. the one with the cricket/baseball bat. I have tried cutting and pasting from these forums, but this doesn't display the graphic, just inserts as a file attachment.
Can anyone out there help me?
My other car isn't a Ferrari
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Re: Smileys People

If, like many people, they read emails in text only it won't work.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

how to get it onto page.
first, if it isnt on your computer  right click on the smiley and save image as
second, on the e-mail go to format, then set as Rich test (HTMML)

third, insert picture, where you want it
and as Oldjim said, if they have html disabled, they wont see it   
maranello
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Thanks for the advice Pierre, but still no success
Did the rightclick/save-as, file saved as .gif by default. Viewing the file by double-clicking brings it up using picture manager, as a static image.
Inserting into email message just adds an attachment to the email header.
Enough of this frivolity, must get back to doing what I'm paid to. Instead I'll track down the culprits during lunch and persuade them to hand over the cash. I have a persuasive golf putter under my desk.
My other car isn't a Ferrari
minkey
Grafter

Quote from: maranello
Did the rightclick/save-as, file saved as .gif by default. Viewing the file by double-clicking brings it up using picture manager, as a static image.

On that matter, picture manager does not show animated gifs. To view them properly you can do right click / open with and select either Internet Explorer or Firefox
Jeff