cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soho Fire

Community Veteran

Soho Fire

There's a major fire at present in Dean Street, Soho.  60 firefighters attending.  No injuries to the public but minor injuries to 2 firefighters.  Fire service advise people to keep away from this part of the West End for a few hours.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8144708.stm
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Soho Fire

"A company called Future Capital is based in the building."
Not a good future for them then !
trust no one gets hurt of course
Community Veteran

Dean Street used to have the major film companies based there and still has a lot of entertainment based businesses there.  Lots of old cramped buildings as can be seen from the video.  All credit to the Fire Brigade for getting it under control so quickly.
Community Veteran

Yes our Fire Brigades are generally excellent.
reminds me of a funny incident I witnessed.
I was in a meeting in the Home Office in Westminster - on one of the top floors. present were HM Inspector of Fire services and several senior force officers from about 4 brigades and numerous other people.
Said HMI was spouting on about something or other about Fire service communications systems  - and behind him was this large window. I became aware of a few of the senior fire offices peering out of the window, and looked to see lots of smoke - but no one said a word or made a move. Lots of siraens from outside and then a commotion outside the office door.
Eventually HMI stopped - looked over his shoulder and said something like "Oh the adjacent building is on fire - and then went back to his chat.
Eventually we had to stop - and we saw firemen on the roof of other adjacent buildings straying the fire with water.
It turned out that it was an old government building being refurbished.
What surprised the non-fire brigade building present was the apparent lack of interst in all the Fire brigade staffs - but then they said - "Oh well the LFB will cope very well - as of course they did - the fire was out in 30 minutes.