cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft on Justice, soft on the causes of Justice.

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Soft on Justice, soft on the causes of Justice.

BARMY privacy rules that BANNED escaped prisoners from being named will be torn up today.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4188233/U-turn-on-escaped-lags-IDs.html
Can you see the difference between the UK and the US ?

9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Soft on Justice, soft on the causes of Justice.

Is the difference that they send dolls to dollhouse prison in the USA?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
annerimmington
Grafter

It`s a wonder the UK prisoners aren`t complaining that their old style TVs be replaced with flat screen ones, oh and maybe include their own personal dvd player/xbox  Roll eyes    For some it`s better than their life on the outside................free gym facilites, games room, 3 meals a day, free counselling/hairdresser/dentist etc.    Our prisons need to be more like the US ones.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I See Sutcliffe (The Yorkshire ripper) is claiming his state pension on the basis he worked for a number of years before his arrest and is in a hospital (not Prison)
This has been refused but I wonder how long it will be before the EU decide he is entitled to it !
annerimmington
Grafter

I`m sure Sutcliffe will appeal to the European Court of Human Rights about his "right" to claim a pension.  What a damn cheek .............he lost the right to be treated like a human being when he committed his vile murders. .I remember too well how scared we women were in Leeds and Bradford at the time of his murders while he was still roaming around.    We were always looking over our shoulders and were too scared to venture out on our own at night.   
itsme
Grafter

Are the media banned from naming escaped prisoners? If so the BBC are in trouble today.
[quote=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-17349687] A Liverpool man who absconded from a prison van in Manchester has been arrested in Amsterdam.
Tony Downes, 26, was travelling from HMP Manchester to Liverpool Crown Court to face firearms charges when the van was attacked by armed men last July.

and there are plenty of other examples of prisoners being named.  Has the Sun reported the facts correctly and HMPS don't release names under the FOI act requests but will named them individually when needed?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I can't quite understand why the past and current governments have felt the need to reward crime as they do. It's as if they're trying to gradually turn the UK into a hot bed of criminals. The more I see of the cushy life criminals get the more I see why young people and 'established' criminals don't worry about keeping themselves straight with the law. They seem to have a life made for them by the state as some sort of reward. It's really screwed up.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well some do get rough justice, had a presenter laughing on BBC Essex this morning
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-17349931
A member of a gang trying to steal air conditioning units in Essex may have been seriously burned during the attempted theft, police said.
Officers were called to three business units at Severalls Park in Colchester after intruders attempted to remove the external units overnight on Sunday.
The suspects are believed to have left empty-handed after signs one or more of them may have been burned.

PC Luke Howard from Essex Police said: "It would appear that several people were involved in this attempted theft because electrical wires were cut to various conditioning units.
"However, an engineer who attended the scene believes that one or more of the culprits could have suffered a serious electrical shock and perhaps this is why they left empty-handed."
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

They'll probably be able to sue for damages now!  Crazy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: gleneagles
I See Sutcliffe (The Yorkshire ripper) is claiming his state pension on the basis he worked for a number of years before his arrest and is in a hospital (not Prison)
This has been refused but I wonder how long it will be before the EU decide he is entitled to it !

The European Court of Human Justice is separate from the EU. Andrew Neil programme last night was very informative http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01dk5s9/Rights_Gone_Wrong/ seem we have to blame the Greatest Briton for starting the ball rolling.