Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soda Drinker

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Soda Drinker

I used to like Pepsi Max, I found Diet Coke a bit "sharp"
Then, Tesco brought out Xero, tried it, liked it, bought it, as Victor Kiam would have said !
Often bought in Bulk, using Tesco Home Delivery, 30x 2 litre bottles at a time.
Just fits into a space in a kitchen cupboard.

Fizzy Sparkling Water, tried a few, Asda is my favourite at the moment, it seems to have bigger bubbles than others I have tried, and again is less harsh.
Non Fizzy, Apple & Blackcurrant, tried most, again Tesco scores there.
Mostly drunk with Meals.

However, as a soda drinker, I do prefer, to my  mind, the mellower Xero to soft drinks.
As a refreshing daytime, and night time too, drink.

Additionally, I find it helps pills being swallowed, taking away the taste or dryness of some of them.
2 litre bottles just fit nicely in a fridge door, one for drinking, one kept cool as replacement.
With crushed Ice out of the Ice dispensers.

Your favourite non alcoholic tipple is.....

15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Soda Drinker

I can't drink or eat anything with artificial sweeteners in - they make me feel sick.
Community Veteran

I really like the flavoured fizzy water found in supermarkets for c. 40p a bottle!  Cheesy
Since giving up sugar and sugary drinks I am no longer type 2 diabetic!  Cool
Geoff,
York.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

Filtered water, or peppermint tea
Regards
Mike
Mike
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I used to drink a lot of Coke but I went off it a few years back and the next time i tried it the stuff tasted like chemicals. Yuck!
Now I drink (as you may have guessed) 7up. I used to drink sprite but they changed the sweetener to some awful tasting stuff. Schweppes lemonade does not taste right these days either - it tastes like it has cough mixture in it which is disgusting.
7up is the only one for me now. I do rarely still have the odd coke but I try to avoid it. As for pepsi... thats just vile. I've never liked it ever since I was a kid.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

There isn't a single bottle of lemonade in our local Tesco which doesn't have an artificial sweetener in. Only a couple of their own brand juices are also sweetener free.
I have to do a separate shop in Sainsbury's for any Lemonade or Juice.
TORPC
Grafter

After I found out how best Coke & Cola is as cleaning agent / 3 in 1 oil
& what was the original ingredients / & why the original colour was green / Then one ingredient in particular has since been removed due to it being an illegal substance
I have always avoided it for drinking purposes
Now it's Robinsons squash &  Everyday essentials lemonade for me
Community Veteran

I love Kofola (Czech equivalent of coke - they invented it during the communist days to compete with Coca Cola). It's coffee based, although you can't taste the coffee, and has 30% less sugar than normal coke.
TORPC
Grafter

@AndyH
Do you know if there are UK stockist(s) ?Huh
Fixes: 125

I haven't drank Coca Cola/Pepsi since childhood. It used to make me feel quite strange at times - light-headed was one particular effect.
I wasn't that keen on the flavours, anyway. Used to drink lemonade back then but always R Whites. These days it just tastes like chemicals and leaves a nasty after taste.
I haver liked soda water although my father did enjoy it and was a luxury afforded at Christmas Cheesy
These day I only drink water. Tap at home and bottled most other places. I do have the occasional lager or wine when out for a meal.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Infinity
Pro

Quote from: PlusComUK

Fizzy Sparkling Water, tried a few, Asda is my favourite at the moment, it seems to have bigger bubbles than others I have tried, and again is less harsh.

Just back from a few weeks in America, I've missed my favourite sparkling water, the ASDA one.
Even though the other car bonated ones were cheaper, they tasted cheaper to my mind, may have got more cc per $, but no, not for myself.
I'm definitely not a foreign Soda Drinker, as the Americans may say !
I found the local Pepsi & Coca Cola diet drinks tasted differently too
Missed so many things, even the good old Derbyshire Tap Water.

I see there is a report about there being a lack of Magnesium in some bottled waters, my main consumption is tap water anyway.
Some foods are recommended to replace a lack of Magnesium in diets.

A recent periodic medical check up, including testing for Vitamins & Minerals in my body, all OK.
Community Veteran

Quote from: TORPC
Do you know if there are UK stockist(s) ?Huh

There are - http://www.halusky.co.uk/czech-slovak-foods/kofola-original-2l-coffee-taste-sparkling-drink.html#.VB...
But I'm tight and don't want to spend 3x on something I can get back in Czech. It's also better served on tap than in a bottle.
Community Veteran

I like pure pineapple juice.
Local shop sells it for 2 x 1 litre cartons for a pound.
Infinity
Pro

Quote from: PlusComUK

Tesco brought out Xero, tried it, liked it, bought it, as Victor Kiam would have said !
Often bought in Bulk, using Tesco Home Delivery, 30x 2 litre bottles at a time.

And just as my previous Bulk Order has run out....
Xero is again on offer, so once my new vouchers kick in next Monday...
Another Bulk Order !
Roberto0151
Grafter

Favourite non alcoholic tipple -
1 Tomato juice with a good slug of worcester sauce.
2 With meals -  tap water with a few drops of lemon juice added.