cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap Criminals

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Soap Criminals

Emmerdale, is my "must watch" soap... but I expect my thoughts extend into other soap criminality...
To keep viewers "Interested" and following soaps, the writers come up with some pretty bizarre plots and interweave the characters into "normal" lifestyles.... recently, on Emmerdale, a character has returned from France, and become accidentally involved in another crime... Part of the "Dingle Clan" i.e. Cain Dingle, a partially "reforemed" criminal is now making plans for this character and his best mate to "disappear" so as not to bring discredit on the family, and to evade the "normal" course of justice... he ( Cain ) has been involved in several shady deals, and in previous exploits has helped others to evade capture by the police......
morally... this is wrong... legally .... this is wrong... and it seems that it is giving "guidelines" to viewers as "how to deal"  with similar situations in real life....

However.... I am not entirely sure that I would not follow "some" of the ideas myself, if put in the same situation.......
How about your views?....  should writers be allowed to "go down this route" for the sake of viewing figures... or.. should they ensure a quick "justice"  to give a more positive message....
after all... they do cover severe medical issues and other types of situation where the "good" side is prevalent... to give a positive message about the situations....
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Soap Criminals

It's simple. Crime is being promoted to the UK people as a way of survival.
Ever wondered why we're so soft on crims these days? - yet don't pay your council tax and they'll throw the book at you.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

yup and you have to have a TV license to watch drivel like hemorrhoid farm  Embarrassed Embarrassed
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

Community Veteran

Quote from: 7up

How about all the cookery programmes - are they being promoted  as a way of survival Roll eyes
Community Veteran

I think Emmerdale is realistic in one way.
Those with the most money in this soap are the biggest fiddling crooks.
They are still guilty of one thing along with other soaps.
Where a character picks up a spanner and a few weeks later they are a car mechanic able to fix anything on any car.
Fixes: 121

I often wonder whether the characters in Coronation Street, for example, watch Eastenders or Emmerdale Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: artmo
Quote from: 7up

How about all the cookery programmes - are they being promoted  as a way of survival Roll eyes

Well you don't think the nations obesityh problem is a coincidence do you artmo? - Every day food is being promoted to us and at the same time we're getting bigger and fatter. I fail to see the point you are trying to argue.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Survival?  ------------------------- Food ----------------- Survival    Roll eyes