cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So now Jaffa Cakes have been hit

Fixes: 125

So now Jaffa Cakes have been hit

A box of Jaffa Cakes has now been reduced from 12 to 10 with many reporting no reduction in price.

Haven't had any for some time but may try Aldi's as their chocolate and some other own brands are pretty good.

Meanwhile, Tesco are still selling triple pack boxes of 12 for £1.59.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

7 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: So now Jaffa Cakes have been hit

I buy Tesco's own 3 x 12 and as long as the grandkids don't see the box they are none the wiser.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

IT's going on with everything these days. Have you seen those new bars of cadbury / galaxy for just £1? - yet they're only 1/3 the thickness of the originals.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

It's not just choccy stuff. We did some shopping today and some of the tinned stuff that used to weigh 300 grams are now 275 grams, but still the same price.  Angry

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Same with Kettle chips and their analogues. The supermarkets seem to rotate the low price between brands every week. As soon as it goes over £1.25 for 150 grams I don't buy. I noticed one example a couple of weeks ago where two 150 gram packs were cheaper than a single 300 gm pack from the same manufacturer.

As my old boss used to say: "The price of goods is what people are prepared to pay."  He previously used to work for marketing in Unilever.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Some supermarkets replace well known brands with their own version of those goods and the price is cheaper but I have never found own brands to be as good as the original except in very rare cases.

No doubt the product is made at the same factory but to a cheaper specification and in most cases it shows

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

@Steve  I could never understand why the lady in the ad had a foreign (eastern European?) accent.

@AlaricAdair  The RRP of Kettle Chips and Tyrrells seems to be £1.99/150g but, as you say, one or the other is usually on special offer at 99p.