cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So long.

Community Veteran

So long.

Having been a PN customer for the last 1 plus years it's time to move on to pastures new. PN is not the same company it used to be which is why I have decided to move.

To all those who have helped me with issues in the past thank you.

podman

16 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: So long.

Been with PN for almost 10 years....  had a few "issues" but eventually got sorted... line is reliable, and speed is adequate for my needs.... don`t see any reason to move ...... YET>... ! 

there`s an old naval saying..... "If you can`t take a joke....... you shouldn`t have joined".... But I guess that doesn`t necessarily apply to Plusnet...  ( or you ! )...

Good luck with your new supplier..... If it works out well,.... pop back and tell us... and we`ll all come an join you, so you won`t feel lonely...  Smiley

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

amcclean wrote:

Having been a PN customer for the last 1 plus years

You registered in 2007... so thats 9 years... but you claim 1... ?

Not that any of us really know much about you... but bye bye and good luck!

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

missed a number 11 years 2005 is when I moved to PN.

I see my profile has changed to my name rather my preferred pseudonym not sure when that happened.

podman

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I have been with PN for a number of years now, no problems so far and if the service continues to be ok along with the price then I will stick with them..

Can anyone be certain that a move to another ISP will guarantee a better service or price in the long term, I note that those who have moved never seem to report back to the forum that since leaving PN they are getting a better service at a much lower cost.

If such posts do exist I must have missed them.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Agree, @gleneagles I have seen a couple of leavers, who have come back to PN, over the years... which makes me think the same as you...

Those who have left, and then snuck back with a new forum name, to remain "anon". are possibly keeping very quiet, so they don`t get "outed" for their mistake ! ! ! .

Those that have left, and found that the grass is just as green, or worse, on the other side of the hill, will not be keen to come and shout about their experiences.

And... as you say,   we don`t seem to have loads of people coming on here, saying,... "ay up... come and join me on this ISP,.... it`s way better and cheaper and more customer orientated, than PN "...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

better service - certainly but with a higher price tag

just compare http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/products/726.html with http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/products/244.html

EDIT second link now points to Plusnet

Community Veteran

move tomorrow to ee with tv, landline, bb and mobile. If my pn account stays open for any length of time I'll try to come back on here and let you know.

Community Veteran

the account on here stays open indefinitely

Community Veteran

Oldjim wrote:

better service - certainly but with a higher price tag

just compare http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/products/726.html with http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/products/726.html

If I am reading those graphs correctly the total number of complaints appear to be decreasing except for TT showing a slight increase.

As others have stated in past posts there will be a percentage of problems outside the control of ISP but they will be held responsible for these problems.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Plusnet have their faults - including ignoring things a lot lately - but it's the devil we know and so we've stuck with it.

Of all the ISPs out there these days, I'd be reluctant to trust any others a great deal at present. Plusnet have made us jump some hoops over the years but it's settled down over the years.

Must admit though, I do find our upload speed of 2Mb a bit pathetic for a fibre connection... especially when I can upload at 18MB on my mobile phone using limited radio spectrum bandwidth!

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

How the devil did i manage to include two links to UNO

One of them should have been http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/products/244.html

Will now edit the post

Community Veteran

Is the concern about upload speeds something that is only likely to effect those playing online games or is there some other useful benefits ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

The reason most people move back & forth is because of the lack of offers for existing customers, no matter what the company involved is, I've been looking about for better FTTC deals, and Plusnet tops the list for round here, except the deals are for new customers only, so I have to look at deals that are a little bit more in price just to get a "new customer" discount...

Now if PN were to offer existing customers some better deals akin to new customer deals, customer retention might be a bit better... Smiley

Community Veteran

Lack of deals and the move to no existent upload speeds was a major reason to move. That and the fact they give a 5gb mobile allowance as as part of the deal. It was no brainer. Monthly cost down, retained upload speeds.

podman