Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, how long is yours?

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

So, how long is yours?

You'd think as we got older it would get shorter but no, our Christmas card list seems to grow as long as my years so now drastic measures are called for and twenty @ 61p a pop plus just three going overseas are now the absolute limit.

Oh yes, we are also making our own cards again. None of that commerical Santa glitter garbage - or once a year cribs, candles and camels either.

Bah humbug. 😊

069982089273f2854ad76c05252e8538--funny-christmas-cartoons-funny-christmas-pictures.jpg

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
14 REPLIES 14
RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

Re: So, how long is yours?

Nice card, not sure who's looking most worried though ...  Grin

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Not the one I'm sending this year, but now you mention it I might just save that for 2020. 😀

Baldrick1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 186

Why not go modern and email your home made card alomg with an invite to print it out?

Unfortunately our list seems to be getting shorter as a result of the grim reaper relentlessly doing his rounds. Most are hand delivered.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 19

Suggest you buy your 1st class stamps in advance - they go up in price every year but their value remains undiminished.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Being an atheist my list length is zero, and has been for many many years and long may that continue.

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

@Anonymous wrote:

Being an atheist my list length is zero ...

What!!!?

You don't believe in Santa?  Shocked

Anonymous
Not applicable

No I don't and if the truth be told I think it's wrong that parents tell their children otherwise, along with other rubbish like the tooth fairy. It's something I have never done much to the chagrin of other parents! We all expect our children to tell the truth so why contradict yourself and feed them what are ultimately lies.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Careful @Anonymous, if children read your post it will put a big dent in the Finnish economy, flights to visit Santa in Lapland is big business.  I hope the Finnish mafia don't know where you live! 😀

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

"Being an atheist..."

Same here @Anonymous and always have been, but that does not stop me sending out cards at this time of year. They have never been religious in nature and more funny than festive - those from Private Eye for example are a big favorite of mine.

The only conflict if I can call it that is that the Mrs would rather send out those with a some sort of nativity scene and suggests mine might offend those with religious beliefs. Really?

Is there a middle ground to be had in this seemingly multicultural multireligious/non religious society we are said to inhabit I ask myself. Well if there is I'm dammed if I can find it apart maybe from Happy Xmas but hey ho, if some want to be once a year evangelicals..... 😉

twocvbloke
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I measured it and it came to about 8.5 inches.........

That's one heck of a proud carrot!!! 🤣

On the christmas card theme though:

ReallyBad.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesn't do the environment any good either @Jonpe, of course if it were true then why don't they start using Sleighs and Reindeer to get the tourists to and from Lapland, much more environmentally friendly.

Oh, hold on there's someone at the door...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can see your wife's point of view @Minivanman, as sadly not everyone has a sense of humour. But equally, as you'd be sending cards to people you know then they should know what you are like as a person and not take offence. But some people are just looking for any opportunity to take offence.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

So as well as length, how many here are going brighten up the outside of their house?

Some have gone a bit over the top silly with it all even to the point of those projecter lights and sorry if some here have gone out and bought one but not for me I'm afraid, just a home made wreath on the front door and a few lights around the porch.

outdoor-house-christmas-lights-home-decorations-ideas-for-this-year-house-outside-best-outdoor-house-christmas-lights.jpg

I wonder if they have a smart meter. 😋

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd hazard a no there as any self respecting smart meter wouldn't allow them to waste the power.