Did you mean: 

So Ian Duncan Smith Resigns

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

Re: So Ian Duncan Smith Resigns

Quote from: PeterLoftus
IDS certainly is Marmite  Cheesy
But the man deserves more understanding. See here http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/03/19/the-waugh-zone-march-19-2_n_9504448.html
He set up his own think tank " The Centre for Social Justice " and has been trying to reform welfare. But Cameron and Osborne had been dipping into his budget whenever they wanted more savings.  Angry

From the linky I noted
Osborne famously told one friend he felt IDS was simply ‘not clever enough’ to be a Cabinet minister.
Seems to fit in very well with my earler expressed views on Osborne. It would be good for his ultimate failure, and those of similar mind, id their downfall arose out of being "too clever by half". Roll_eyes
[Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quote tag fixed.]
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Stephen Crab said today "" "Behind every statistic there is a human being, and perhaps sometimes in government we forget that."
Exactly !
I am disabled slightly, 5 heart attacks ,  but that 1 point lost in PIP assessment would lose me £85 a  month 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Highlighted
Grafter

Quote from: rongtw
I am disabled slightly, 5 heart attacks ,  but that 1 point lost in PIP assessment would lose me £85 a  month 
Would a lifestyle change when younger reduce the chance of having a heart attack and therefore the need for PIP would not arise?
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Doesn't matter what your lifestyle is, you could be the fittest and most active & healthy person when you're young, but still suffer heart attacks later in life, and on the other side of the coin, someone could be lazy, overweight, smoking and drinking all their live and live 'til they're in their 90s, it's all down to genetic disposition, some are lucky, some aren't, and those who aren't get penalised for it...
Highlighted
Seasoned Hero

Younger lifestyle  Cool  wish i could go back RAF 10 years , free fall parachuting , Scuba diving , Hockey , and occasional bouts of working air sea rescue at Kinloss  good old days  Cool
left 1982 worked till 2010 first heart attack  making and fitting mezzanine floors Very physical job . 
lifestyle  ,,,,,  well dont think i could have done a lot better 
Highlighted
Community Veteran

I don't understand the system to which you refer. Can you give us an unbiased view on how it works?
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Quote from: itsme
Would a lifestyle change when younger reduce the chance of having a heart attack and therefore the need for PIP would not arise?

My brother in law, was 5 years younger than me.... he was in the army, from leaving school, until he came out after 10 years, (I think)... he was a Mechanic as his trade, and used to work on their heavy trucks, tanks, and armoured vehicles... he was considered fit, and must have been, to be able to manouevre some of the heavy parts and equipment,.. When he left, he got a job with the local Vauxhall/Bedford truck dealership, doing virtually the same job... he did not smoke.. and he cycled 5 miles to work, then 5 miles home after work, in all weathers.  after a light  evening meal, he would go out on his bike again, for another 10 mile ride, "just because.... he liked riding his bike!"... He did not come home one night,... was found not far from home, dead. he had fallen off his bike due to a heart attack......
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Another common problem often overlooked is stress.
It can often be the cause of physical problems and early death.
Highlighted
Seasoned Hero

Artmo ,, this explains it , https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-de...;
what it basically is you need to score a certain amount of points , on their chart to qualify .
Obviously the more points you get the more money you receive in PIP
I scored 8 for the daily living component , but if they changed the points i would have got less than 8 , so i would have got no money .

standard rate of the daily living component you will have to score 8 points in total on the daily living part of the assessment
enhanced rate of the daily living component you will have to score 12 points in total on the daily living part of the assessment
standard rate of the mobility component you will have to score 8 points in total on the mobility part of the assessment
enhanced rate of the mobility component you will have to score 12 points in total on the mobility part of the assessment.
Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 18

But it says
c. Cannot plan the route of a journey.          8 points
Lots of people can't do that!

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@rongtw, thank you for the link. I'll have a read of it tomorrow.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Quote from: itsme

I think thats an unfair dig considering you know nothing about rongtw. Which footballer was it that recently had a cardiac arrest on the pitch?  Roll_eyes
My grandparents were both large, both diabetic, both unfit... both died in their sleep... no heart attacks either. But I have heard many cases of people who exercise too much having heart attacks. If you are constantly on the go and exercising your body will wear down and burn out. Yes exercise is good for you but like everything else, in moderation.
As glen says, stress is another killer. You cannot continue piling pressure / stress on someone and expect them not to crack or expire. A person can only cope with so much negativity before they break.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Grafter

Cardiac arrest is not the same as a heart attack.
Main cause of heart attacks is diet.
Dying in sleep is not a cause of death and the majority will be recorded as a heart attack.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Just seen this on the DM - gotta have a laugh at this:

Click the pic for the bigger version
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Seasoned Hero

Osborne said after stopping the new changes , he got it wrong  Roll_eyes but refused to say Sorry  Lips_are_sealed
What a PLONKA !! http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/george-osborne-pip-cuts-disabled-disability-laughs-hou...