Did you mean: 

Snow

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Snow

UK Weather:
Summer is over with cold spell and even SNOW forecast next week
After days of heavy rain, a band of low pressure will hit the UK on Sunday and bring cooler weather for much of next week, according to forecasters
The Snow is forecast for that well known part of the UK...... Scotland of course.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-summer-over-cold-4057643

October last year here in Derbyshire
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,118974.0.html
Though we have had the CH on for the past few days for 30 minutes early just to take the chill off the air.
After the recent hot spell, sort of got used to not wearing much around the House !!

69 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Snow

just think in a few more weeks it wont be a part of the UK anymore ......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Fixes: 47

Does that mean they won't get a mention in forecasts any more?
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Hope so Roll eyes Roll eyes,            maybe loose a couple of the 'north of the border' Radio Presenters also, 'bout time we had a west country accent on the Today program, Pam Ayres perhaps Cheesy
TORPC
Grafter

How about Jethro Tull Tongue
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: journeys
Hope so Roll eyes Roll eyes,             maybe loose a couple of the 'north of the border' Radio Presenters also, 'bout time we had a west country accent on the Today program, Pam Ayres perhaps Cheesy

Yeah.... can`t stand that bird on BBC with the broad scottish accent and the silliest of grinning faces, no matter what the weather is.... she just LOVES the sound of her own voice.
TORPC
Grafter

Can you imagine the weather being rhymed Tongue
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I remember 22 years ago (sheesh i feel old saying that) summer really meant summer. Beautiful sunny days every day, long evenings, everybody would be out enjoying it....
These days we're told it's a good summer if half of it is reasonably mild  Crazy
Oddly our MPs don't seem in the slightest bit worried as long as our airlines continue to grow and expand along with the airports yet a jet engine can burn 2L of fuel per second in a Red Arrows Hawke so that must be at least 12L per second for an airliner engine. Thats a frightening thought pollution wise and we seem to be suffering disturbed weather locally here in the UK. My partners country remains unaffected and it's a poorer country where air travel is not as common yet they still run dirty old petrol and diesel cars from the 80s.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
Yeah.... can`t stand that bird on BBC with the broad scottish accent and the silliest of grinning faces, no matter what the weather is.... she just LOVES the sound of her own voice.

She does have a couple of redeeming features though  Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

One is when she stops talking...... and the other is when the video controller switches to another presenter...  Cheesy
Steve
Pro

Quote from: nanotm
just think in a few more weeks it wont be a part of the UK anymore ......
Jumping the gun there old chap. And even at that we will be United till 2016 well after the indy referendum. Snow for the hills PlusComUK I don't live in the hills but will be good for skiers 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: shutter
One is when she stops talking...... and the other is when the video controller switches to another presenter...  Cheesy

Just out of curiosity, which weather presenter are you talking about?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

How many of us are going to jump to Google Image search then? Grin
Empirical
Grafter

Typical dishonest reporting.
Headline "UK Weather: Summer is over with cold spell and even SNOW forecast next week"
Reality: "It will be cooler and Mr Fish says it's possible snow may fall on the mountains of scotland". Possible, as indicated by a retired forecaster, does not equal "snow is forecast".
Community Veteran

Quote from: 7up
Just out of curiosity, which weather presenter are you talking about?