cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneezing Session

Strat
Fixes: 515

Sneezing Session

Last night while watching TV I sneezed, followed by another and another.

Ok so far but when it got to 6 I was concerned, by 9 I was in trouble.

Thankfully it stopped at 10, allowing me to take a breath and settle the shakes I had.

Is this at all common as 5 is normally my limit but I have had 7 which was uncomfortable to say the least.

Apparently it can be fatal.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 90.0.2 (64-bit)

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
3 REPLIES 3
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 52

Re: Sneezing Session

Depends what you google ! ! !

According to this....google search of

is sneezing bad for you

Conclusion. Sneezing is great for you. Your body is protecting you and keeping you healthy by expelling bacteria and viruses. Especially relevant, sneezes travel at over 100 miles per hour and can send over 100,000 germs into the air.

*********************************************************************************************
However... also on the results page is this.....

Is too much sneezing harmful?

If you're sneezing too much, don't worry. It's rarely a symptom of anything serious, but it can be annoying. In many cases, you don't have to rely on medications. You can prevent sneezing through certain lifestyle changes.

***************************************************************************************
Which also begs the question

Why am I suddenly sneezing so much?

Sneezing can be due to: Allergy to pollen (hay fever), mold, dander, dust. Breathing in corticosteroids (from certain nose sprays) Common cold or the flu.2 May 2020

*************************************************************************************************
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

When i was young i'd sneeze once or twice, now i can easily hit 5 or 6 - scary when you're driving i might add.

But i'm not so sure that pollen has much to do with it - although i was diagnosed as a hayfever sufferer one day when i woke up with a swollen face and an abcess under a tooth - the dentist said the two were unrelated and i was a hayfever sufferer. I said to her that i don't suffer with it and never have and her reply? "You do now". True to form, every year, i've suffered since - i swear it is dental related but no way to prove that. The tooth has since been removed.

Anyhow.. I had a theory recently when my nose wouldn't stop itching for days on end, it's a hair up there or something trapped and it's causing the snitch. I won't tell you how i went about relieving myself unless you want to know? - Just in case, it's below in white so you'll have to highlight it lol:

<highlight gruesomeness from here>

I used a small cable tie (it's thin!) - shoved it up to the sensitive area and gently gave it several good twists round. Not only did it trigger more sneezing but it also scratched the affected area brilliantly well and stopped anymore sneezes.

<end highlight>

If you did highlight and read that, well done, it's kinda gruesome lol.

The sneezing had been driving me mad for days. At the end of the day, it's an itch and it causes a reaction. Like any other itch, it needs scratching.

Of course you could also put your finger over one nostril, close your mouth a bit more and then when you sneeze it will force more air out of the affected nostril thus clearing it - but i found this didn't work that well for me.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Sneezing is not so good in old age... especially if you forget to clench those buttocks first! 

Too much information, sorry. 😆

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison