cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneaky Price Hikes... now illegal

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Sneaky Price Hikes... now illegal

I spotted this headline ( or something similar) going into a co-op supermarket..

so the next time you are due for a car renewal.. From April 2017. the insurance company has to tell you  how much it was last time... as well as what they want this time...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3734002/Victory-insurance-premiums-trickery-Money-Mail-campa...

And about time too... 

13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Sneaky Price Hikes... now illegal

I thought by sneaky you were going to give examples of things like:-

Product reduced in size

Lighter weight

Cheaper low quality ingredients

Reduced bandwidthSmiley

And the thing top of most peoples insurance hit list is:-

Ask first if we really want auto renewal

Fixes: 125

Not sure what this will achieve. How difficult has it been to check the previous year's premiums and do you own comparison?

Those savvy enough to look for better deals will continue to do so the rest will probably just file the paperwork/emails under the 'to do list'.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Not that easy - I have to check the previous  renewal notification as the confirmation of the order doesn't include that

wildthing666
Grafter

Everyone knows how much they paid last year by their method of payment, be it monthly DD with interest added, or the full amount in one go

Community Veteran

only by dredging out a credit card bill from a year ago in my case

Community Veteran

The main beneficiaries will be the "old timers"... i.e. those now in their 60`s and older... who will now be shown that their premium has gone up... and not just  ..

Ey up missus... cough up £300 fer yer motor insurance... cos we need the money more than you do...   Auto renewal type letter..

now it will say... Ey up missus.. were gonna rip you off another £20 if you want us to auto renew your  insurance...

wildthing666
Grafter

My mother got her car renewal and even though she has never had an at fault accident they tried to put it up £100 so my daughter went online and found it £105 cheaper than their quote she then phoned the insurer up and said it was too much she had found it with another provider for £110 cheaper the instant reply was we'll do it £5 cheaper still so my daughter said make it £20 and you have a deal so she saved my mother £25 on the previous years insurance. Now for the weird bit the new provider was the same one that they had sent out the quote in the first place.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Oldjim wrote:

Not that easy - I have to check the previous  renewal notification as the confirmation of the order doesn't include that

Still easy.. .just dig out the paperwork! In my case I just pull it up on-screen from a database application that i scan everything into - takes seconds rather than minutes or hours.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

congratulations - I am not that organised

Community Veteran

Ditto
Community Veteran

Can I join the not well organised club?

Fixes: 47

It's a man thing Embarrassed

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Indeed, but you cannot have a circus full of clowns trying to confuse a paying audience. I think we all know that's how the market works but that does not make it right neither is it any reason to do so, and we only have to closer to home to see how ISP's for example put on exactly the same show of manipulation.  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.