cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoking

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Smoking

When you see these plays or films on TV you sometimes see the actors smoking. Is this part of their role or are they allowed to just smoke as and when they want when acting a part ?
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Smoking

Probaly in the plot......
as the plot thickens..... so does the smoke !  Cheesy
geoffp0
Grafter

Makes you laugh or weep a bit, here is our noble government banning the advertising of cigarettes in public and on t.v and yet like gleneagles stated you see the actors basically chain smoking, just spend a half an hout viewing Coronation Street for one and see how many cigarettes are lit and smoked on there, and that is just one program Cheesy
Fixes: 47

I have noticed a significant reduction in instances of smoking in films in recent years. Not quite so sure about TV.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I'm a smoker, Been smoking for twenty years, I know I shouldn't but well I do, Its the only bad habit I do now, I do eventually want to quit, But only when I say so, When my willpower Is at Its strongest, Not when some government tells me to, I know Its bad for me. But hey, Isn't everything?
Teds31
Grafter

Well people are now dieing from drugs prescribed by thier own doctor. Stick to smoking.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Well Teds the way I see It, We all die from something, Least Its something I enjoy, Probably really naive of me In the long run but hey Its my body, And If I was dying from lung cancer I would not expect star treatment from the NHS, Its my own fault and only me should suffer my own consequences.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Check out "PVD Smoking" on google.  A great way to lose a foot to gangrene. Smoking increases the risk 16 fold.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

A person with PVD should be working with their doctor to actively manage problems such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure or diabetes which all contribute to the damage to the arteries.

Not just fags then.
From here...http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/physical_health/conditions/pvd1.shtml
nadger
Rising Star

Sorry I looked up PVD as I'm going into hospital, x-ray day surgery, on 28th July to have a bit of work done to right iliac artery - not smoked for over 23 years.
One recent TV programme where one character chain smoked was Injustice on ITV1.