cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smokers

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Smokers

Any smokers ever run out of cigarettes when all the shops are shut?
What do you do, how do you cope.
I'm sure this sounds (understandably) pathetic  to non-smokers (all you ex-smokers... don't even start  Angry) but it's a real issue for some of us.
Any (sensible-ish, or other) advice please.
I'm ashamed now you all know I;m a 'dirty smoker' but, hey, I could be worse!
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Smokers

I understand that all those with any sense are asleep so I can't complain about the lack of replies in 1/4 hour (but would have liked some).
Just remembered I bought an 'electronic fag' several weeks ago, gave it a go and (like a true smoker) gave up with it, I just found it in the car ind it's still charged up and ready to provide a much wanted/needed nicotine 'hit', thank any god you care to choose for that!!!
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Fixes: 125

How about one of these:

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

nadger
Rising Star

All together now Ahhhhh - makes one glad to have given up 25 years ago  Cool
Should have nipped round here as SWMBO still smokes  Cry
She's down to her last 3 cartons ( not packs) and 1kg of HRT ( 20 pouches)
Off to Belgium on Wednesday to stock up with another 17 cartons and 2kg  Huh
Have bought her E-Lites which at least stop her smoking in the car  Cheesy
Community Veteran

Like it, Mav, might have to get one of those!
Can't be many things worse for an ex-smoker than someone smoking in your car, nadger, the E-Lites are a good idea for that.
Cheers guys, I'm off up the shop for a pack of 20 now.....
Call me 'w23'
David_W
Rising Star

I'd walk to the 24 hour garage just up the road, though if that's shut I'd just go to bed and get some sleep, there is noting worse than smoking your last ciggie knowing it's your last ciggie and you can't have any more till you buy more, the cravings start straight away for some weird reason.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

If you've gone to bed having run out of fags, you could wake up in the morning telling yourself that "I am no longer a smoker"
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Never smoked so no idea what its like but what I can say is that you clearly need to keep an emergency supply of fags somewhere.
When you're forced to break into that packet, continue to use it up but when you buy more fags, remember to buy another emergency packet.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 104

Shops shut? Not much of that round here, at least 3 24 hours supermarkets and half a dozen 24 hour petrol stations...
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Any night clubs nearby?  You might find a nice chappie who'll sell you something herbal to smoke.  Probably some Rizla papers too.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

You could always try tea leaves !
Must be awful to be addicted to something and I guess most of us are to one thing or another, Chocolates, cigarettes, gambling, alcohol, sex etc..........
Even things like a hobby, sports and even work can be addictive to some people.
Then there are the latest gadgets, mobile phones etc..........                Very depressing !
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: gleneagles
Then there are the latest gadgets, mobile phones etc..........     

I've heard a rumour that Chinese will soon be making one with a built in electronic fag  Wink