cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke Alarms... and how to shut them up.

Highlighted
PowerLee
Rising Star

Re: Smoke Alarms... and how to shut them up.

Fire Angel.

Had one of there smoke alarms with built in battery, after a few weeks could smell burning & traced the smell back to the smoke alarm which I immediately took down & put outside, contacted them with the details & they confirmed it was from a faulty batch so they replaced it FOC & advised to dispose of the faulty alarm in an environmentally manner.

Replacement alarm the battery lasted less then 3 years before the low battery warning woke me up one night & it got drowned in a bucket of water outside.

Same time had one of the carbon monoxide detectors, that failed when the test button was pressed & it wasn't battery related.

I would never but another Fire Angel product ever again.

As for fire brigade attendance, there was a full crew including fire engine outside the other month fitting some smoke detectors for a disabled resident. 

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Smoke alarm catches fire, :2funny:

As pensioners (although how they knew) perhaps that's why they insisted on fitting them, but a full crew made no sense to us... or the neighbours. 

Nice to know I was not the only one to drown an Angel!

wotsup
Champion

@Minivanman wrote:

@VileReynard 

How can a dog (which we no longer have) rescue me from a fire, have they got some special fireproof set of  skills which enable them to rescue people from burning buildings? Can they climb up and down a ladder for example or operate a turntable.

Can you recommend any particular breed?

We need to be told. :wink:

You need a 'dog' like Lassie ( yes lassie was the first LGBT long haired Collie because 'she' was a boy ).

Would take the extendable ladder out of its collar pouch, open the window, pick you up by the scruff of your neck and carry you down to safety just like a wayward puppy, then it would phone the fire brigade and explain that the house was on fire and give them the address....  You don't get that with a fire angel, from what I have read about them they should be called 'arson angel' as they are likely to be the cause of the fire.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Reminds me of this from years back @wotsup (I have a lot of those)

lassie-get-help-new-yorker-cartoon_u-l-pgq2od0.jpg