cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart tv problems

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Smart tv problems

One of the main differences between plasma and led tv's was the reflection seen in the former which could be distracting but some of the modern led tv are having the same problem as the plasma ones.

The adverts for some modern tv emphasize how black really will be black when viewing programs but the problem is films and series that include scenes in the dark appear so dark it's almost impossible to see anything.....and no there is no way to adjust this type of setting.

So for once the adverts are correct, black really is black !

5 REPLIES
Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Smart tv problems

Until another colour becomes this year's black. Smiley  Sorry I couldn't resist.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

gleneagles wrote:but the problem is films and series that include scenes in the dark appear so dark it's almost impossible to see anything.....and no there is no way to adjust this type of setting.

That kind of series, is supposed to give it "realism".... however.. it is probably down to the skimping on the production costs. keeping the use of electric, and using less floodlighting to save money... an advantage of this is that they don`t need to spend so much time money and effort on the actual scenery ... scene set ... or clothing for the actors..  

Community Veteran

It's bad enough missing half the dialogue, now we can't see half the film !

Yes I have a 150 W sound bar but whispering and muttering it can't decode....

I really am feeling old these days.

Smiley

Fixes: 47

Maybe you need a 4k speaker Huh

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Smiley