cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small ebay issue - advice please...

Fixes: 124

Small ebay issue - advice please...

Over the last few years I have only bought and sold around a doezen items each without any issue until now.
Two weeks ago I won an auction for an old Play Station game which was on £2.29 inc. postage.
According to ebay the item was sent out on the 10th May with an expected delivery of 7 to 10 days. I emailed the seller yesterday afternoon to say I haven't yet received it without a reply.
As it's only £2.29 should I just wait and hope it turns up? The Seller has %100 positive feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

8 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Small ebay issue - advice please...

If you don't get a reply then report it to eBay.
minkey
Grafter

I'd give it another day or two. Some ebayers only work Monday - Friday so may not have seen your email yet.
Community Veteran

Make sure you leave feedback once you've sorted out your problem Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

I would email the seller daily until they reply.  Each time explain your concerns AND ask when they actually posted it, but there is nothing you or the seller can do until 15 working days past the due delivery date.
See Royal Mail lost items support http://www2.royalmail.com/customer-service/mail-late-lost
[quote=Royal Mail website]Please wait 15 working days (from the due date of delivery) before completing this form as we would not consider an item as lost until 15 working days have elapsed.
You should primarily use the eBay messaging system to send the seller emails - so in the event of an official claim through eBay and/or PayPal then there is a visible trail of your communications.
It would be worth checking the first "You've won this eBay item" email you received, as some sellers include a different email address or other contact details.
If the seller does not reply or refund after say 21 days, then open an "Item not received" claim via PayPal, and they will generally get all your money back without much hassle.
Remember that it is the sellers responsibility to get their item to you safely (whatever it says in their listing), and as such it is up to THEM to reclaim any losses from Royal Mail.
So don't give up as it is your money and their responsibility, and as 'artmo' said, make sure you leave feedback of your experience to let future eBay buyers know what they are letting themselves in for.
Community Veteran

Be patient would be my main advice.
There are processes to follow and timescales for each. Just follow them accurately and politely. Read the eBay guidance and follow it.
And give people reasonable time to reply - remember business sellers will only be expected to reply on working days and private sellers can go on holiday!

I've just received a reply and the seller confirms it was sent on 10th May. He is on holiday at mo but says he will refund the money.
I suggested that if he lets me know when he's back from holiday I'll contact him then if it hasn't arrived.
Edit: Just received notification from PayPal that a refund has been actioned.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

If the item does arrive, then I suggest you return it to the seller, or re-pay for the item....  Wink
If you have not already left feedback...... wait for a week.. just to make sure.... and then leave something....

Already emailed the seller to say I will pay if it does arrive - and I hope it does.