Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow to catch up.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Slow to catch up.

Slow to catch up here in the far west, but saw my first adult on an electric scooter whizzing along the pavement in Carmarthen yesterday.

By the by I know but the guy balanced on it had a beard, and bun in his hair. Going to fast to spot of he was wearing sandals, but I expect he was. 

The shape of things to come, let's just hope we can hear them.  

12 REPLIES 12
Community Veteran
Fixes: 43

Re: Slow to catch up.

Some may this this is controversial but the following has nothing to do with being old fashioned, or anything to do with gender, it is simply my thoughts based on life and observation, but to me there is nothing more ridiculous than the sight of a grown man (or boy) with a bun in their hair, this is followed in second place by a pony tail, and we all know what’s under a pony’s tail!

Sorry if this is your thing.

Champnet
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

From : https://www.micro-scooters.co.uk/community/2019/07/electric-scooters-law-uk/

The adult electric scooter is powered partly by a battery motor and is therefore classified as Personal Light Electric Vehicle (PLEV) by the Department for Transport (DfT), making it illegal to use on UK roads and pavements. However, it is legal to use them on private land and property.

Highlighted
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Ineed @Champnet  and I think we have covered that before.

My point was that I'd not seen such in this part of the world and it just struck me as rather odd - notwithstanding the hair, the beard and possible sandals.

Just as well he was not wearing a dress. :wink:

@Mook 

thumb_say-goodbye-to-the-man-bun-say-hello-to-the-44947848.png

Community Veteran
Fixes: 43

@Minivanman if you just posted that to wind me up then it's worked even though I do think it's a fake. :thumbsup:

Minesapint
Pro

@Champnet wrote:

From : https://www.micro-scooters.co.uk/community/2019/07/electric-scooters-law-uk/

The adult electric scooter is powered partly by a battery motor and is therefore classified as Personal Light Electric Vehicle (PLEV) by the Department for Transport (DfT), making it illegal to use on UK roads and pavements. However, it is legal to use them on private land and property.

And the vast numbers of police present everywhere will hunt every last one of them down, and prosecute them! :smiley:

I don't really see them as being any different to electric bikes. The law in that whole area needs to be looked at.

Luzern
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 5

@Mook wrote:

.... me there is nothing more ridiculous than the sight of a grown man (or boy) with a bun in their hair, ....

How about a baguette?.........👟 👟👟

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
TTman
Seasoned Pro

@Luzern  more like a farmhouse loaf i think:laugh::thumbsup:

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

It wasn't Gareth Bale having popped home for a quick visit by any chance?

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@Jonpe 

Could be, although the last I heard he was heading off to China!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49134836

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

There is no limit to peoples stupidity.

I have no problem with that providing it does not cause injury or death to others,