cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Broadband

valart
Grafter

Slow Broadband

Which magazine as said that 13 million households are in the slow lane they want people to sign a petition why are people paying for slow broadband in this modern age.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Slow Broadband

Thunderclap
Grafter

Cool Maybe they mean all of those households are on traffic managed broadband?
I cannot understand when a green cabinet is enabled for FTTC, why not all broadband customers on that cabinet are switched over to the highest speed FTTC mode - by default? I have ~500m to the green box, and then ~2500m to the exchange. Maybe there is some technical stuff that I do not understand here, but sureley it would make sense to replace the copper exchange side with a stand of fibre? At the moment we have a crazy situation where super-fast is installed on the street, but not taken up by the customers because it is a premium product.
btw an Interesting blog on thinkbroadband [ for those of you who are PlusNet customers ]
"spotting-congestion-on-consumer-broadband-connections"
http://blog.thinkbroadband.com/2014/03/spotting-congestion-on-consumer-broadband-connections/
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

BT have to maintain some copper lines alongside the fibre, although I agree they "should" swap everyone across to fibre links and probably will eventually switch over all customers to fibre primaries that's expensive so those of us who want it now will pay a bit extra for it (although to be fair +net's prices are way better than BT's) since I got the fibre almost a year ago I can honestly say I would be distressed if I had to go back to an ADSL connection .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you