cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slimming

Community Veteran

Slimming

My partner has lost over 11st in the last 12 months and she has done it all on her own. I keep telling her that she should start a company offering slimming support on a one to one basis as no one does that. As she has been over wieght for over 20 years she knows all the problems with fancy diets pills etc.
Not only that she understands the frustration the ups and down people go through.
My question is how much should she charge for this personal service per hour and how many people would be looking for something like this. She has tried sliming clubs and you pay £5 and get very little if any one to one help.
Most slimming clubs offer a diet but its never one which suits you what she could do is offer a diet of the food you like and hence able to stick to.
Its nothing fancy whats she done its diet and exercise but her own method.
What are peoples experiences of slimming and slimming clubs
4 REPLIES
cdplane
Dabbler

Re: Slimming

I have lost 2stone in the last 6 months and I thought I was doing well. I go to slimming world and do find it helps. I do not stay for the talks I just get weighed and then leave. I find the excuses people use for their gains to be quite annoying. When I have a gain I am quite honest and say that I enjoyed the "sins" Roll eyes
LiamM
Grafter

I need to lose some Belly!  Scared of going to the gym though as I'm not the fittest (!) and would find it far too embarrassing.  Gonna get me a bike to cycle to / from work methinks!
Not sure how much I'd pay for 1-2-1 advice because I've never really thought about it.  It probably wouldn't be my cup of tea.  There may be other ways to make money though - perhaps by writing a book or something?
mikeholmes

I got talked into going to slimming world in support of a friend, in the end i lost over 3 stone! [that was about 4 years ago]
Ive put it all back on though Sad
we do have a gym here at plusnet but after a full shift I dont much feel like walking to the bus stop let alone rowing 10 miles.
I dont really believe in 'diets', I love food, but I know I need to eat less sugar and fat and excersise more.
1-2-1 coaching wont be everyones cup of tea but I think some may appreciate the personal nature of that situation. If they are shy of going a group, it would be a good alternative.
I find it really hard to stick to healthy eating because Im useless at getting organised to shop online and order in advance and I dont drive, so it means almost endless trecks to the supermarket to buy fruit and veggies. I think Id pay good money for someone to shop healthilly for me.
Maybe I should get my fridge hooked up and online to order for me...
Community Veteran

The idea behind my partners diet is that its not a diet in the normal sense. You go to a club and they recommend salmon with something else you dont like and you see it as a diet ie you are being deprived of something.
All shes done is look at the fat content of the food she eats and gets the same meal with lower fat so she isnt eating weired stuff just reducing the fat.
Its not until you start looking at the fat and sugar you eat that you realize what rubbish you are eating and often the slimming foods have more fat than normal foods.
To loose 2 ilbs you only have to drop 500 calories a day and lots of people dont realize that eating some bars of chocolate can do that for you. So changing the bar of chocolate to an apply and reducing sugar in coffee by one spoon can drop wait off with no effort.
Once you start dropping the weight you feel better so you have more energy so you do more and loose more as well