Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skype spam

198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Skype spam

[16:41:41] oem_soft4:    EuroSoftware Inc.
    EuroSoftware Inc. and the European Manufacturer's Association have developed a special program of dropping prices for popular software in this period of world economic crisis. All in all, you can buy our software products very cheap!
    You can download any software in 20-30 minutes!
    Click here and find out more about us.
    http://www.oemsoftshop.net

Just received this IM on Skype. Is this common, and I've been lucky up till now, or the start of a trend? I've had the occasional 'dodgy' IM from individuals, but not one like this.
It's been blocked, of course, and they won't be getting my custom!  Angry
Not young enough to know everything
5 REPLIES
jmd
Grafter

Re: Skype spam

I got something like spam on skype yesterday and blocked it but can't remember what it was!
N/A

I haven't seen anything but then I don't have Skype in start up so it's not always on unless I remember to click on it.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I've sykpe in start up but also have privacy set to "only allow people in my contact list to contact me" so don't get anything odd ......yet
jmd
Grafter

I also have only people in contact list to contact me so don't know how I got "spam"!!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

@jmdlp thanks
I'll keep an eye open for Skype Spam, I use skype frequently and was considering subscribing to the 'unlimited world package' (currently PAYG cost me around £5 per month).
Guess I'll hold back