cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky

Highlighted
Grafter

Re: Sky

I currently have Multiroom without a phone line. Well, I lie. I have a phone line but I don't use it for phone services and that includes Sky.
I used to have my boxes attached at one time, but around 15 months after taking out multi-room, the situation changed. I updated sky with my new address, informed them I don't have a phone line any more and hey presto, no more nagging letters every few months telling me to have it connected (well, 5 mins and a forced install callback later and that is fixed).
Highlighted
Grafter

I really wish PN did own a national network and do the triple  play thing as I reckon they'd be very competitive and as we known, good to do business with.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@Paul03, thank you, phone line disconnected as of 5 minutes ago. It seems it might be a fairly common misconception that multi-screen will only work with a phone line connected, and certainly not something Sky is at pains to point out, for fairly obvious reasons I suppose. Up until the beginning of this post, it wasn't something I worried about over much, but I'm quite happy for one less telephonic device plugged into my phone line.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Highlighted
Not applicable

TBH I can't see why anyone would want Sky TV - it is just full of repeats and advertisements and the cost is extortionate.
T'other half likes football so buys a Digialb card at the beginning of the season and spends many happy hours moaning and groaning about the ref and how rubbish the players are (or so it seems to me)! Also, there are no telephone line connections and no direct debits.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

You dont need multi room unless you need to watch 2 channels on Sky we have sky in every room but of coarse they are all on the same channel. Just ran a cable  from the main tv to all other rooms to act as an antena and pass sky around. It works out well as we have freeview so we can change sky if someone want somthing special and the other watch on freeview.
Highlighted
Grafter

Be careful where you say that or Murdoch'll send the boys round to bid you G'day.
Highlighted
Grafter

Well chaps..its fitted,
Sky didnt sned their own people out, they used a subbie...
As soon as he pulled up I knew there would be a bit of 'flexibility' if you know what I mean.. Wink
He hadnt been told by Sky that we had dropped the Multiroom option in favour of just the sky+ box but didnt mind anyway as that meant he'd get home earlier, however he did say that the plus box was also meant to be connected to the phone line anyway......(even though the guy in Sky cancellations told it it wouldnt matter)..he had to connect it to the phone point to get the system up and running but left the wire loose and said 'remember you mustn't pull this out as soon as we leave'...and gave me a knowing wink!!
So..lets see what Sky say now.