cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky picture problems, resolved, advice for others.

Community Veteran

Sky picture problems, resolved, advice for others.

OK, This has to be a common problem so I thought I would post here for others.
It turns out that some Phillips cordless phones operate on the same frequency as the Sky transponder 11642 vertical carrying True Movies, Tiny Pop etc.
I learned this the hard way. I used to be a Sky installer and after experiencing problems with a few channels my first reaction was to change the quad on my dish. This had no effect. Next thing was to change the box. As this was an aging Sky+ box I decided just to upgrade to HD. This also did not fix the problem. After much banging my head against the wall I started trying other things. I have a base unit for a pair of Phillips VOIP 321 handsets in the attic withen inches of the satellite cables coming from my dish. That was the issue. I moved the base unit downstairs away from the Sky cables and the boxes and the problem was solved. I even double checked by bring the base unit close to the box and it would destroy the picture again on this transponder.
So, hopefully any of you who experience this problem will learn from my experience before replacing lnb's and boxes!