Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky & F1

nadger
Rising Star

Sky & F1

Very difficult to escape their advertising campaign  Sad
I won't be switching from Freesat/Freeview but I bet a great many have moved to Sky.
18 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Sky & F1

I do believe that a Brit won a major cycle race, trouble is it was only shown on EuroSport, paid TV
Bradley Wiggins hinted at great things ahead in this year’s Tour de France when he produced a gutsy late burst to win the final day time trial up the Col d’Eze to become the first Briton to claim the Paris-Nice classic since Tom Simpson in 1967.
Steve
Pro

This thread serves as a reminder, Please can a moderator delete It Tongue
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Tour De France a little better
http://www.itv.com/tourdefrance/2011/news/tour-de-france-itv-tv-schedule/
http://www.itv.com/tourdefrance/2011/news/tour-de-france-itv-tv-schedule/
TV4 has extended live coverage of the world's greatest bike race this summer, with Stages 1 and 19 (Alpe d'Huez) entirely live.
As usual, the highlights show will air on ITV4 at 7pm - 8pm every evening and you can catch up in ITV Player.
To complement our Tour de France coverage, we will show the brilliant HTC documentary Chasing Legends, which follows Mark Cavendish's team throughout the 2009 race (Thursday 14 July and Sunday 17 July).

this lot not good though  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/7594114/Cycling-on-television.html
all Eorosport
itsme
Grafter

All of the above was for the 2011 season. Since then Mark Cavendish ride for Team Sky and HTC is defunct.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

my fault, did google 2012 TV and it came up with that
but the  bit about Eurosport was this week in the Telegraph
Steve
Pro

Here's the fixtures for 2012 for us In the UK  without Sky and for anyone who doesn't know.
Rich
Grafter

We've put a satellite dish up, pointed to Astra 1 at 19.2 degrees east (£40 for the whole kit - dish and receiver from B&Q).  We can get RTL from Germany and they're showing ALL the races free-to-air.  We'll take the commentary from BBC 5 Live radio and Murdoch & Bernie don't get a penny Cheesy
Richard
itsme
Grafter

Why have the BBC sent the full commentary team Australia just for a highlight show?
Community Veteran

They could save a fortune; just buy them a Sky subscription and let them watch that to create a commentary for the highlights.  Roll eyes
After all the pictures all come from Bernie's companies anyway.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I've always watched F1. I was pleased when it went back to BBC so we got the uninterrupted live coverage of the whole race.
As I can't see the whole race I'm not intending to watch the highlights when BBC isn't showing it live.
As I can't watch all the races live I'm not intending to watch any.
I wonder how many other long term followers this move will have turned away? Well done Bernie, you greedy little ****!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Fixes: 47

I liked watching F1 but wouldn't call myself an avid fan so I won't be giving Sky my money as I have plenty of other things to occupy my time.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I used to watch cricket and really enjoyed it, on TV and live.
Since it all went to Sky I never ever watch it at all.  Cry
I used to watch F1 and love it, mostly on TV very rarely live (I've also been to Le Mans).
Now it's gone to Sky I can see it becoming another "cricket".  Lips are sealed
I watch Rugby and really enjoy it, on TV and live. How much longer?   Undecided
Like many others here I refuse to pay the Murdoch clan.
What's even worse is that by taking Sky's money these sports are destroying their own future for short-term gain, by excluding future generations from seeing and enjoying them.  Crazy
Steve
Pro

Quote from: Strat
won't be giving Sky my money
Neither will I.
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: Rich
We've put a satellite dish up, pointed to Astra 1 at 19.2 degrees east (£40 for the whole kit - dish and receiver from B&Q).  We can get RTL from Germany and they're showing ALL the races free-to-air.  We'll take the commentary from BBC 5 Live radio and Murdoch & Bernie don't get a penny Cheesy

Did it work? Thinking about fitting a motor to my dish so I can go to Astra 19.2 for the F1.