Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Go

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Sky Go

I've had Sky Go running faultlessly on my Kindle for a couple of years now (I piggy back onto my daughters account) and a couple of weeks ago it told me I needed to update it. I did this reluctantly because such things often cause problems and sure enough, it no longer works.

Tried the usual reinstall even going so far as to clear my Kindle back to factory settings but still no joy. So what's happening and has Amazon perhaps broken ties with Sky? I never ever have problems with BBC iplayer or Netflix so... 

All not lost as I have now installed Sky Go onto my laptop and fingers crossed it seems to be working OK. Hopefully I might even be able to cast it to our televison - although I've had issues with doing that in the past as well.

Suggestions or even sympathy welcome. 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

Re: Sky Go

I've no suggestions, but can sympathise.

About two weeks ago I read on the BBC red-button text service that a recent update for Samsung Smart-TVs had broken the BBC iPlayer on some of them.  Remembering that I had recently accepted an update to mine I checked, and sure enough iPlayer no longer streams (although details of content on offer etc. can be seen).

Apparently people affected have got to wait until a fix becomes available 'next year' - but no indication of whether that will be before or after Brexit.  Roll_eyes

I was toying with the idea of trying to reinstall the older firmware version to the TV but as I hardly ever use iPlayer I haven't bothered yet.

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@RobPN wrote:

Apparently people affected have got to wait until a fix becomes available 'next year' - but no indication of whether that will be before or after Brexit.  Roll_eyes

BBC iPlayer now fixed for me.

For anybody reading this who has an 'H' series Samsung Smart TV and has found iPlayer not functioning properly after a recent firmware update (version 1310 in my case) there is a simple procedure which may help

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-access-the-bbc-iplayer-on-a-2014-h-range-se...

I'd tried disconnecting/reconnecting the mains power (for about 10 seconds) after the problem first showed but to no avail.

The procedure listed involves disconnecting from the mains twice (and other things), who'd have guessed it!

Highlighted

Sorry but how far I know there is not way out to this.

Regards,

Jivo Smith