cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skills shortage

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Skills shortage

The employers organisation the CBI is moaning about a skills shortage. I wonder if these are the same employers who laid off skilled workers to offshore their jobs in the search for cost cutting/shareholder value? Short term savings leading to long term problems. Have their executives administrators received unwarranted  salary and remuneration increases while their skilled staff have seen pay frozen or reduced. Have these people cut back on funds to train their existing staff?
The people who train these MBA type of administrators have their share of the blame.
Let's hope we don't see PN follow the same route.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
2 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Skills shortage

you have to love the way they side step the slavery laws by contracting the employer in the overseas location who then provides his indentured servants for the price of the rice he feeds them.......
contracting out to an external uk company that employs people in the uk would be fine and would have ensured we continued ot have skilled people available for the jobs in hand, but the thick system that sacked and retrained all of the skilled individuals has left the nation with a serious lack of ability, now the government are trying to get things back on track there not going far enough or fast enough, failing to undo the ability to use slaves in far off places, watching documentaries about how people are kept in sheds next to the factory and paid with megre portions of food for the work they do is sickening and something not seen on such a large scale since the abolition of the salve trade until the late 90's blaming a couple of cost cutting businesses for taking advantage of cheap labour options when those became available for them is like blaming the pig for eating the food, its those who are supposed ot be in control of the law that are to blame unsurprising though that a communist leaning government wanted everyone in servitude both here and overseas
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Skills shortage

Quote from: AlaricAdair
Let's hope we don't see PN follow the same route.

James H vanished a while back apparently.. he was as committed to the cause as they come.
If you ask me, that might be an indicator.. and lets not forget PN also went to a foreign call centre years ago presumably making UK staff jobless.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!