cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sinister world

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Sinister world

About 10% of the population is left handed, but we live in a right handed world. What would you find different in a left handed world?
ps: the results on this forum will be skewed towards left handed because they are generally more intelligent than Righties  Wink
I'd go for:
coffee mugs with decorations printed on the other side (most mugs show the decoration to others when you hold the mug in your right hand)
Smart phones which are designed to be operated left handed
Cheque books designed to be written by a left handed person without smudges
Screw tops on bottles which tighten in an anti-clockwise direction
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Sinister world

My bank offer me cheque books for left handed people. Very useful except that I don't write many cheques these days.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I'm a lefty and have no problem with screwdrivers or spanners after all these years of adaption. I'm not happy though if someone giving change or a ticket wants to give it into my right hand particularly if they don't notice I have held out my left hand!  Angry
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
MightyMouse
Grafter

I'm left handed but I'll happily accept money in either hand.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

This thread reminds me of my early school years. I was four years old and being little back then (before kids became advanced so quickly) i had trouble remembering which hand i was supposed to use to write and draw. I remember getting confused and trying both in an effort to decide which one worked best for me.. and then after frustration with the left decided the right was best and stuck with it  Grin
Odd how simple little memories and choices like that stay with you for so many years..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

As an Army Brat, I went to a Kindergarten in Germany where they were starting to show us how to write. Me being a lefty was definitely "Nicht in Ordnung" and they repeatedly tried to get me to use my right hand for writing.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.