cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since using PN Forum I have learnt something

zedingrove
Grafter

Since using PN Forum I have learnt something

1. If a mistake/error is made by a user and is proven as such, do they offer up an apology? Heck no.
2. Users past the Watford gap are to quick to judge, before examining all the facts.
3. Users being blunt and to the point with out looking at the other side.
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Since using PN Forum I have learnt something

Hi Zed,
I'm not sure if I'd agree entirely with your observations.
There's a whole spectrum of personalities here so you will naturally observe some of your points 1. and 3. but if you look carefully you will also find examples to the contrary. Think of it like walking into a room filled with a large number of random people, none of whom you know, if you start random conversations then some will react differently to others, then add that some people in the room are already 'well known' to some others (mostly in a positive way but not always).
Not sure about 2. as I don't really worry whether people are 'rough northerners' or 'soft southerners' (now I've upset everyone - sorry Smiley !).
I have certainly seen specific 'clashes of personality' but, on the whole, I find things pretty friendly here - heck we even put up with 'loud Londoners' (occaionally)  Smiley Smiley Wink
Mostly I find that the more you get to 'know' other members the easier it is to understand the personalities (just like 'real life').
Enjoy the community  Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
zedingrove
Grafter

Don't get me wrong 99.9% of members I... If I were to walk into a filled room odds are I would be loved  Kiss adored and vice versa. Cool
Community Veteran

You're obviously more extrovert than me!
Best to just ignore the 0.1% and not worry?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: ZedinGrove

2. Users past the Watford gap are to quick to judge, before examining all the facts.
3. Users being blunt and to the point with out looking at the other side.

So which side of the Watford gap is "past the Watford gap" ?    depends on where you are posting from...
There has always been a north/south  and Yoks/Lancs and even scots/english not forgetting the Welsh/English and of course the Irish/enlish/welsh/scots ....divide ( and usually in a friendly rivalry way).... .. so what has whatford gotta do with any of it...
A spade is a spade, unless it is a shovel... they can both be used to move dirt .
A good sense of humour is also required on this forum... which 99% of the members have...
As for apologies, sometimes these  do not surface in the forum, but are exchanged using the pm system.
and we all live to fight another day....  Cheesy
David_W
Rising Star

I don't even know where the Watford gap is, is it in Eastenders?  Embarrassed
RPMozley
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: David
I don't even know where the Watford gap is, is it in Eastenders?  Embarrassed

I would imagine there is a big hole in the earth's crust somewhere around a place called Watford?  Cheesy
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

I thought the great divide was Potters Bar. Tongue
David
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Actually, it is well North of Watford....
do a search on Google maps, and you will come up with...

Watford Gap
Long Buckby, Northamptonshire NN6
So it is (probably)..  nearer to Yokshu than the smoke  Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Well since Zed started using the forum I learned that he doesn't realise what he's quoting and then says it's not mentioned in the thread  Grin  Cheesy  Wink
Just kidding zed, good to have you aboard  Smiley
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

Yes, Watford Gap was (and still is) the name of the first motorway service station on the M1 just south of the M45 junction.
David
zedingrove
Grafter

Quote from: Sprite
Well since Zed started using the forum I learned that he doesn't realise what he's quoting and then says it's not mentioned in the thread  Grin  Cheesy  Wink
Just kidding zed, good to have you aboard  Smiley

Mmm Only after a few,, then my other half comes out to play.... He is not a Wordsworth just likes to add his Two Cents Worth...
Shall have to keep him on a tighter leash  Lips are sealed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

lol  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Watford Gap is at Watford village, Northamptonshire: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watford,_Northamptonshire http://www.elizabethnoyes.co.uk/fh/watford.htm
Somewhat north of the other Watford (also close to the M1, somewhere near London).  Smiley
Call me 'w23'