Did you mean: 

Simplify the following term

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

to only have one square root sign
R * sqrt (R)
sqrt (G * M)
(nephews maths homework, been sitting looking at it for a while)
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Simplify the following term

I could be wrong but I think R * sqrt (R/(G * M)) should be correct.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

It depends what you mean by simplify?
One option is sqrt (R**3/(G*M))
Or sqrt (R*R*R/G/M)?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yeah.... that`s probably what the students are saying to their maths teacher......

Honestly, what on earth do they think that will do for the students in later life?  Help them to work out their Dole Money, I suppose.......  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

@shutter, very good point! and that is only the maths side of the problem  it relates to Jeans instability which is a bit beyond my physics.
He would be better off playing football Roll eyes
Community Veteran

i would so like to have learned life skills that had some relevance to me, such as how to manage a household budget.  the sort of muck they crammed us with at school makes me think that they (schools) are merely holding pens to keep the children confined while their parents go make profits for some company; profits they will take little share of.  i learned more in the first year out of school than i ever did in it.
could we not adopt the scandinavian model where the children are taught reading, writing and numeracy and then let loose to see what their imaginations fire up for them?
i'd dearly love to abolish the ghastly system those rapacious whores of victorians saddled us with.
Community Veteran

finally
sqrt ((R^3)/(G*M))
which is what HP said.
Thanks