cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silly salesperson

jmd
Grafter

Silly salesperson

Went to Currys to look at built in  electric ovens as mine died on Wednesday.  Asked whether they did installation [well all it means is slotting it in and pushing plug through a hole but I am not able physically to do myself!] and the salesperson said "you need a Corgi fitter"  .......................... I said it is electric I want, - "oh yes, Madam you still need a Corgi fitter"!
Well it is news to me that Corgi fitters [who I know have changed title] need to fit electric ovens! 

[ps have now orderd one from Boots the Chemist!  well, their Kitchen Appliance website and it is coming Monday, cheaper than Currys or Comet  - and someone I know will fit it for me!  - Comet wanted £90 to deliver and fit!]
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Silly salesperson

Well, I never, knew Boots the chemist, had a kitchen department.... Perhaps you better go back to Curry`s and suggest they start selling make-up and perfume, and also SOAP, as their salesmen seem to be still wet behind the ears !  Cheesy
Fixes: 101

it's GAS SAFE  now  Smiley
Hope you got some points on your Boots card Wink

Will Moderate For Thanks
jmd
Grafter

adie - get 854 points on my card 14 days after delivery! Smiley
shutter - yes, I did not realise that Boots sold kitchen appliances until I googled for a particular oven to see who stocked it.  Did not end up ordering that one in end though.

Excellent, gotta be happy with  Cheesy
Will Moderate For Thanks
pierre_pierre
Grafter

got one a while back, very good service, just had a reliability survey from them, not filled it in yet, they beat every one I tried on price Smiley Smiley
jmd
Grafter

Pierre - do you mean you used Boots too?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

yes
Community Veteran

He was soled on their service Wink Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

copy of letter, arrived just as I was off on my Hols, bought it  6 Jan 07
Artmo, no Jacked up
jmd
Grafter

Just to say that Boots Kitchen Appliances informed me Saturday that the delivery slot would be 7am to 11am this morning............................. the oven arrived at 6.59am!
Apparently the drive from Bolton had been very easy this morning................
Oven now sitting on floor awaiting a friend to come and take old one out and slot this in later today.
Hotpoint oven but shelves are in a box endorsed "Indesit" - must be same company?
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: jmdlp
Just to say that Boots Kitchen Appliances informed me Saturday that the delivery slot would be 7am to 11am this morning............................. the oven arrived at 6.59am!

Bloody cowboys.
Don't you just hate when you have an agreed time slot, and they turn up outside of it. Grin

quite, surely a cause for complaint  Wink
Will Moderate For Thanks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

We had a similar thing, but was very annoying.  We got a washing machine from Boots about a year or so ago.  We agreed a timeslot sometime in the afternoon.  I arranged for my mum to be around during the timeslot as we where both at work.  At the time we had lodgers in, but didn't want to ask her.  My mum turned up well in time for the time slot, made herself a cup of tea, and just happened to open the utility room door ready for the washing machine to be delivered, and found it was already in there.
It had been delivered about 3 hours before the timeslot, and it just so happened that the lodger had popped home for something when they arrived.  Also it was good luck that my mum decided to open the door, otherwise it could have been a long wait!
Phil
jmd
Grafter

Gosh - high speed delivery in that case too.....................
good customer service - just had phone call to check whether the oven had been delivered correctly!  Never had that before when I have ordered goods.