cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silly mistake

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Silly mistake

Decided to reinstall Windows 7 & Linux as both had become full of clutter.
Usually use Gparted to wipe the partitions, install windows 7 & Finally Linux, there are other ways but this has always worked for me but not on this occasion.
No matter which disk I used the computer just booted to the Linux menu.
Looking in setup the hard disk was showing as the first boot device so problem solved but how had it got like that ? Simple I changed the battery which obviously reset everything but having done this a few months ago forgot all about it.
Have you ever done anything as silly (or at least willing to admit to)
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Silly mistake

Now either my eyes are playing up or this was a moment ago called "Music Downloads".
I clicked and the forum told me that an error had occurred. I hit back, refreshed and found it was now "Silly mistake".
Whats happened?
Going with the rest of the new thread..
I once used to use partition magic for copying partitions to save me reinstalling WinXP from scratch etc. No idea how I did it this time but I somehow managed to copy it over when XP crashed and leave the source partition unhidden. The result? XP ran from both partiions causing all sorts of horrible issues. You could literally look at the windows service manager and see services installed and running from drive D even though other stuff was on c and it would run from both of them.. for about 5 minutes before crashing. To this day I still don't know how that happened but I wiped both partitions and started again.
Another time when I was messing with partitions I managed to install the boot loader into my data partition. The result? 17GB of lost data due to a corrupt boot sector thingy on that partition. The loss included tons of personal stuff, projects.. I was gutted. Luckily I managed to find fairly modern backups from the last couple of months on CDs so not much was lost.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Community Veteran

How did it get there ?Huh
Community Veteran

Hope it's not another silly mistake I Have made !
Community Veteran

Duplicate post about music downloads locked
Fixes: 124

Quote from: Sprite
I clicked and the forum told me that an error had occurred. I hit back, refreshed and found it was now "Silly mistake".

Pheeeew, thought it was me starting to go mad Cheesy
Actually, something seems to be going wrong as both Gleneagle's post re illigal downloads and my subsequent reply is appearing in two threads;
Illegal Music Downloads and Sheffield at number five.
Edit:OOps, I did my usual clicking on the yellow New icon which took me to the last post of the Sheffiel thread and as I hadn't previous followed that thread I didn't realise it was the same subject matter.
Now what what it the OP was saying about silly mistakes...?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Must be a gremlin in the works !
Community Veteran

Yes its the forums pet gremlin.. It's called Jim and its getting rather Old Wink
dick:quote
Community Veteran

Unwarranted and inaccurate statements about moderators are not acceptable.
Corrected statement shown below including corrected grammar
Yes its the forums pet gremlin.. It's called Jim and its getting rather it's already very Old
Community Veteran

lol  Cheesy