cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signs worth taking note of !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Signs worth taking note of !

Went out for a "bimble"  today, and ended up at Alresford Railway Station, on the Watercress Line.  (preserved steam railway)  Good place for taking photographs, and a nice station buffet, for lunch.
Needed to use the  Gents after too much tea (yes. I do mean tea)  :-  and couldn`t resist taking these two photographs  inside the Gents ....  Cheesy  Pretty scary the one about "live rails"    Shocked  Shocked  but back in 1921 (see date bottom left corner)  makes you wonder what "gents" were wearing ! !. Embarrassed  Embarrassed
Anyone seen any other signs worth taking note of ? ? ?
26 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Signs worth taking note of !

@Aperture sorry...shutter
Apologies for the slight diversion so early in the thread but the 1st picture reminded me of a news item about pigeons at a London station. The were taking off from the platform roofing but unfortunately their wing tips came into contact with the overhead live cable before their feet left the roof and they blew up. Now I'll have to trawl through my photographs for something appropriate.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

To add a bit of wit to my first photograph.... I was quite "shocked" to see it .....especially where it is located.... However, the line at Alresford is not electrified, so I suspect someone had a sense of humour when originally deciding where to put the vintage sign! ! Grin  Grin  Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Obviously a bit of a live wire!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Or a bright spark!

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Obviously the main man!!

Community Veteran

Keep plugging away...

Community Veteran

Socket to me...

Community Veteran

Chuffin` eck ! there`s a few remarks "whistling" around, watch out you might "signal" to the mods and get a "red flag" or get your "ticket"  "punched"..... Cheesy
Apart from that, have you any signs worth taking note of? (not including signs of illness!)
jmd
Grafter

Well, signs of life on the forum!  I was beginning to think you had all gone away [like uncle Pierre] some in wilds as it was so quiet without you!  Just been getting serious stuff  Sad Cry
but now I feel  Smiley again!
Community Veteran

Have I missed something while I've been having a rest? why have you changed your logon jmd?
Must be a sign of the times...

Community Veteran

Glad to be of help..... maybe I`ll get my "doctorate" yet.... (for helping to make you smile again! ) Grin Smiley Grin
Community Veteran

nope, dope!  Grin    it`s her new way of "signing on" Roll eyes 
jmd
Grafter

Petlew, I have changed my username - please read and respond to Strat's desire to know why we have certain Forum usernames....... it will explain all sorts of mysteries  Wink
Shutter - I have been to Alresford when stayed at sisters and walked by the watercress beds in river - pretty place.  Not been on the train though.
Community Veteran

Only signs I seem to see these day's are my signature on cheques...big one's!!