cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signs of er! what?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Signs of er! what?

Yesterday, whilst driving at less than walking pace through the M25 widening works J18 - J21a away's past J20 I had much time to "enjoy" my surroundings. At this time the old central reservation is being dug-up by an army of "Pat'n'Mick (affectionate term please) with JCB's etc. but there are many on foot "apparently" directing operations.
Because of the height of my seating position in my coach I was able to see into the area between the protective barriers where, there are a plethora of signs and notices to staff about speed limits, safety wear, height restrictions under bridges etc. One however caught my eye very low down on a short rough post because I was high up and able to see it, it would almost certainly be out of view to most car drivers, and even I couldn't see all of it. the upper part went something like:
No hand held telephone devices are to be used in this area....it continued on out of my view.
So what was odd about this you may ask, when practically everyone was using one a hundred yards back before the notice.
The notice was directly adjacent to one of those 50mph average speed camera set-up's. Does this mean those cameras can be upset by mobile telephones I wonder?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Signs of er! what?

Aha.... If you use a "hand held" telephone device..... then you are not using your shovel correctly. !  Roll eyes
johpal
Grafter

Re: Signs of er! what?

Obviously, it was meant as a warning for works drivers (police included) that they were about to be seen on camera and that no works team members were allowed as pedestrians! So, you need a caterpillar tracked vehicle to be compliant...  Roll eyes