cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shrinkflation

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Shrinkflation

So Cadburys is at it again, shrinking your favourite chocolate bar to stop you from getting fat. Can chocolate bars get any smaller? It appears so, however the price will remain the same. 🤔

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-53442884
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
20 REPLIES 20
twocvbloke
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Shrinkflation

"To reduce their calorie count", and increase profit margins, because less is more after all...

Probably won't be long before we have to pay them to just exist, with no product handed over at all, sure it'd be "healthy", but I don't fancy that... 😂

jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 73

Their 'spokesperson' must think we're all stupid - or they are.Angry

John
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Like those Mars bars getting shorter from both end as the wrappers got even longer.

Re-'member' that controversial Cadbury's Flake advert - were flakes really that big... or have some of us just got smaller?

😂  

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
twocvbloke
Community Veteran

There have been comparisons of old versus new (thanks to people keeping "samples" in collections for future reference I suppose), and they definitely are shrinking, so it's not us getting older and things seeming smaller, they really are smaller, cos they're hungry for our money... 😂

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

At least baked beans are the same size, or are they?  🤔

twocvbloke
Community Veteran

Probably not, but they still produce the same end result in some... 🤣

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

The beans themselves are probably the same size, but I think the cans have shrunk.  Cheesy

One of todays Heinz sizes is 400g 415g but I'm fairly sure it used to be larger - 440g or maybe even 450g.

Edit:  Checked in cupboard and corrected weight above before someone Police  comes along with the facts.  

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@RobPN 

Ah, I'd not considered that.

Damn their eyes! 

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

@Minivanman wrote:

At least baked beans are the same size, or are they?  🤔

I refer you to a previous thread.....   ( in which there is also a reference/link to beans ! ! )

https://community.plus.net/t5/General-Chat/Food-Company-s-LEGAL-SCAM/m-p/1715528#M275047

agedgopher
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Having not had any sinces childhood we recently were given a pack of Wagon Wheels. How do you shrink those?

Would be more accurate to describe them as Scooter Wheels but then who would buy them?

Mook
Champion
Fixes: 2

Is it Shrinkflation or just profiteering. I know what I'm thinking. How does making the calorie count 200 stop someone from opening another bar!

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Exactly Mook. I wonder what would happen if everyone just stopped buying their bars altogether, put them out of business, so to speak.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Ever since Kraft took over Cadbury their chocolate has been changing in taste and ingredients anyway.

I once opened a cup of cadbury hot chocolate, put in the hot water and proceeded to drink. Tasted vile, like it was just full of chemical tripe. Made contact with the vending company and Cadbury, the vendors openly admitted that Cadbury had been experimenting with the recipe - they refunded me. Cadbury who are normally eager to please decided to stay quiet for a couple of months before sending me a load of positive spin about how they always do their best blah blah..

I'm not overly keen on cadbury products anymore. Mars has better chocolate.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@agedgopher 

Now they really have become smaller.

When I was smaller I would buy one on the way to Saturday morning cinema. 3d for a Wagon Wheel and 3d to watch Roy Rogers sing his way out of trouble... or was that Gene Autry, I can never remember.