cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should online flea market sell human skull(s)

TORPC
Grafter

Should online flea market sell human skull(s)

9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Should online flea market sell human skull(s)

I don't think it is even legal. Not that this will be of any concern to ebay of course who are more than happy to let people sell illegal goods. My brother lost £thousands on a item he bought off there and the original owners tracked it down to him when he went to buy spare parts and quoted the serial. It all went legal but he never got his money back.
Ebay is ok for some stuff but you have to really watch your back.
Just realised I'm clearly not the only one unable to sleep!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

Insomnia can be ok but also a P.I.T.A
Community Veteran

Bit difficult to get me head round this!  Cheesy
Geoff,
York.
Fixes: 47

There's a genuine female human skull further down the page.
It has a fault...the linkage between the lower jaw and the rest of the skull has worn out.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I remember trying to sell a young Badgers skull on ebay. I've had it for over forty years. It was found near railway lines.
I had lots of interest but also numerous aggressive emails pointing out how the Badger was protected and I needed a licence (to sell it) and I would be prosecuted.
That maybe so but it does seem daft considering with all the numerous gassing / trapping / shooting of Badgers going on now.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

it depends what territory its being sold in though, whats illegal here isn't necessarily so in other parts of the world .......

you also have to be careful what you purchase from overseas (like lazer pointers) in that regard as customs could easily confiscate it if its not compliant with UK legislation
as for scammed or stolen goods, if you use paypal for payments your far less likely to get fleeced over stuff, ive bought and sold a lot of items through ebay in the last decade and never once lost out financially through illegal activities, then again I also wont trade with anyone outside of the UK (selling) and don't purchase items from people who aren't in AUS/USA/UK/China for the simple reason that no matter how good the price is its a much higher chance of getting scammed without the protection paypal offers (they don't guarantee transactions with large parts of Europe/India/Africa/Russia)
having said that I will purchase cheap items (like the kilo of silver and gemstone jewellery from Peru) where the price is so low its wouldn't matter if it didn't arrive (as an added bonus it did arrive and only cost £20 including P&P)
most people who loose out over legal issues didn't take the reasonable steps to ensure they were protected (like I would never buy a vehicle through Ebay because there not covered with buyer protection) or purchase items and use a different form of payment  like bank transfers or money orders ......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: nanotm
it depends what territory its being sold in though, whats illegal here isn't necessarily so in other parts of the world .......

But if it is illegal to sell it here it is still illegal to sell it. It does not matter where you will be sending it if the transaction took place here  Roll eyes
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

I was referring to the fact that overseas vendors can sell stuff worldwide despite it being illegal to sell the item(s) in the UK
in a similar way you can purchase firearms online from Africa but if customs intercept the package then you will go to prison for attempting to illegally import them and the same can be found with hand guns in certain US states yet offering them for sale worldwide is not breaking local rules for the sellers .....
for instance this item is illegal in the uk but legal where its being sold;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Colt-1911-A1-GBB-Full-Metal-KJWorks-/221401576886?pt=FR_JG_Sports_Jeux_de_...
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

Quote from: nanotm
for instance this item is illegal in the uk

They will have to ask the seller to dip it in a tin of brightly coloured paint.