cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should entrapment be encouraged/ allowed

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Should entrapment be encouraged/ allowed

In the case of MPs, MEPs, Lords and public sector employees.
What should the penalties be?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22749803
7 REPLIES
shalom2010
Grafter

Re: Should entrapment be encouraged/ allowed

Well what is the difference between entrapment & a mystery shopper testing customer service? Are they not on a similar vain?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

three peers and an MP were accused of agreeing to do parliamentary work for payment.

Erm !....... don`t they get paid for being in parliament and doing the work then?  Undecided
I always thought that`s why they went into politics........ to get paid for doing nothing.. Roll eyes
Oh... I see..... these were agreeing to get paid for doing "something"......  Shocked
nadger
Rising Star

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Parliamentary lobbying has been going on for centuries sometimes know as "oiling the wheels" and probably at least why some MP's fight so hard to stay in the "job" or at least why some have a blind refusal to resign in the face of blatant wrong-doings, little to do with conscience more to do with loss of supplementary income.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I don't know about entrapment as thats encouraging someone to do wrong and then blaming them for their actions which were influenced. Undercover stings however where there is evidence / suspicion of someone doing illegal things is totally warranted.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Entrapment is easy making the news rather than investigating and reporting the news.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Public flogging and sent to the tower for life.
That's the penalty MP's would probably like for any reporters daring to question them.