cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should Jeremy Hunt resign

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Should Jeremy Hunt resign

From being health secretary following the fallout from the cyber attacks?

24 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Should Jeremy Hunt resign

no

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

How about,... " should Jeremey Hunt resign, due to the inefficiency of the NHS, in general, but in particular the failure of some trusts to be able to cope with the increased demands on their services, especially A&E departments "

Community Veteran

Should Microsoft apologise for writing the micturating operating system software responsible for this mess?

The last time I checked they were blaming Governments for not telling them about their faults.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

I'm not totally convinced that all blame lies with the government. I prefer to refer to government rather than a personality, because any minister acts according to policy set. Personalising issues to a minister tends to hark back to decisions, and views he/she held in other spheres with which one had issues.

My feeling is that moderns have lost the self-help-abilty of their seniors. That and the ambulance chasing lawyers' encouragements to sue for any even minor error also siphon off  funds for care.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Hero

Should he resign?

Absolutely not, and I do not see why it should even be considered. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Steve
Pro

Should Jeremy Hunt resign?

He went off to work this morning on his bike and with a couple journalists at the front door he never even had a chat with them, maybe he was running late, maybe he was running scared, yes get rid of him, should of resigned long ago.  Smiley

Minivanman
Hero

But that's a different issue Steve and maybe he should have gone long ago, but why over this?

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Steve
Pro

Because he ignored repeated warnings of this vulnerability.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

HE did?

or the SysAdmins did?

i wasnt' aware that he was in personal control of managing the IT systems.

think there are too many people trying to turn this into a political issue, when it clearly isn't.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Minivanman
Hero

@Steve

Well from what I'm reading Steve, NHS Digital "emailed 10,000 individuals in NHS organisations last month warning them to protect themselves against the specific threat of ransomware and included a software patch to block such hacks on the majority of systems"

Have to blame somebody I suppose and maybe the root cause is lack of investment, but specifically over this world wide problem? I don't think so.  

Steve
Pro

The question from @journeys was should Jeremy Hunt resign, nothing about the rest of the world, i gave my answer and will not debate it. This is the digital age and warnings were sent but just like the public it got ignored.

Minivanman
Hero

Fair enough Steve, but this is a debating chamber of sorts - but no worries. Smiley

Community Veteran

Warnings were sent from D 0f H to all Trusts informing them to ensure they updated their security. Some did so whilst others did not. JH cannot micro manage each Trust. He should not resign over this.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

The responsibility rests with the CEO in each hospital trust.

The government can issue warnings but I guess warnings are issued to trusts on a whole range of issues and the CEO is left to make decisions on how the budget is spent, clearly some hospital trusts have not had a problem as IT security was a higher priority for them but with a limited budget which is often in the red how do you decide where the priorities are,for example an elderly confused patient wanders of the ward and is found injured or worse, caused by lack of staff on the ward, as a CEO you cannot risk that again so more staff is a top priority pushing other priorities down the list.

There are loads of examples like the above, patients waiting in A&E for hours or even waiting for over an hour for a Ambulance....It is vital to get treatment within the hour if you have had a stroke to keep the damage to a minimum, same with various heart conditions so what gets the priority there IT or direct patient care ?

Some CEO's may even be on better pay than most MP's, CEOs are there to manage the service within the funds available.

Of course the funding is inadequate but again it comes down to government priorities, HS2, Security, Police Services, Schools etc.....

So what are the biggest priorities, quite likely the services you or your relatives are currently using. These may not be the same priorities that other people have