Shopping centre ban disabled.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Shopping centre ban disabled.

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Shopping centre ban disabled.

I don't think so - providing they correct the situation in an acceptable timescale as they appear to want to do
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

I can't understand what they're on about. That centre is not far from us and has been open for years!. All the entrances/exits ( there are three ) are level with the pavement!!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

This appears to be the problem
Emergency exits can only be reached via a staircase.
and relates to individual stores within the complex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

If there's a fire safety issue, close the shopping centre 'til it is resoved... Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

No idea what age the building is but if it's not that old how come this has not been discovered before now ?
Could be wrong but I thought all public buildings were inspected on a regular basis and needed a fire certificate like hotels and guest houses.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

It's been open for at least 10 years! It's all very strange that they've only just decided that there's a problem. The other odd thing is that the centre is all on one level. There's a market hall on one side and from what I remember, that does have steps at the rear to the multi storey car park, maybe that's also the emergency exit.
Community Veteran

I can think of a dozen places like that. They only have escalators or lifts so how does anyone in a wheel chair escape?
The Vanguard Centre in York only opened last year and this would apply to them too.
Geoff,
York.