cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping anyone? No...

Fixes: 125

Shopping anyone? No...

Shoppers desert the High Street as Amazon launches its sale early: Online giant is tempting buyers w...
But this year shoppers seem to have deserted the malls and stores to pick their presents online or hold out for further discounts after Christmas.
This morning, it was particularly quiet in Leeds, where just a few shoppers braved the wind and rain in Briggate, the city's main shopping street, and down the road at Meadowhall in Sheffield the carpark virtually deserted.

I haven't been out today and probably won't till Saturday but I doubt my local shopping area was as deserted as some of those in the article.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

4 REPLIES
RichAllen
Grafter

Re: Shopping anyone? No...

SMH, you were one of the first to complain last week when I linked to a DM article.
And anyway the last online shopping day to get there before Wednesday was last Friday, if people haven't got all their stuff by now then what they haven't got the kids and everyone else will have to do without.
Community Veteran

Heaving at the Wellingborough Tesco this morning. I got there just after 8:30am and by 10am the car park was brimming.
Fixes: 125

Quote from: RichAllen
SMH, you were one of the first to complain last week when I linked to a DM article.

I'm assuming SMH = shaking my head Undecided
Can you link to where I've complained about any of your postings?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Probably because you're always referring to it as the daily fail. Sure, we all had our fun with it's name a few weeks back and how it hates everyone and it got old ages ago but you can't seem to drop it! The joke about its name is well past its sell by date now RA, stop using it - it's no longer funny! When something isn't funny but people keep using it, it becomes annoying.
Refer to it normally and you'll stop high lighting yourself as the odd one out trying to stir it up.
Quote from: Mav

Can you link to where I've complained about any of your postings?

I can only think he has got confused with this:
Quote from: Mav
Rather than get into a bash-the-Daily Mail debate here's a couple of other links
The Sunday Times
The Mirror

and this - which was the one i remembered by David W:
Quote from: David
Quick question, if you dislike the Mail so much........ why do you read it?  I disagree with 99% of the stuff the sun writes (except Clarkson and Dear Deirdre...) so I don't read it as I know it's mostly made  up, set to foist their agenda or missing key parts of the story which totally changes the context.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!