cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shoes

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Shoes

I have two pair of shoes... one I wear every day, and a "best" pair...... usually only worn when the "daily" pair are in the menders !... I have had both pairs of shoes for at least 10 years.....
How many do you have? and how old is the oldest still in use ?
68 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Shoes

I have one pair of shoes and one pair of trainers. I think the shoes are around 5 years old and the trainers are about 3 or 4.
I always go for leather uppers and soles for shoes and the cheapest trainers I can find.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I wear sandals/flip flops a lot (when I'm not working/doing sport etc) - better for the feet.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Shoes? Shoes? They're disgusting!
I wear real mans hardware on my feet - steel toe cap boots  Cheesy
I found a very solid and comfy pair made by a company that few have heard of but their products are superior - and very comfy. I have my old two pairs in the boot of the car for DIY work and I have a daily use pair that I wear. I do sometimes wear sandles in the summer but thats only on the hottest of days. I love my boots as they're so comfy and support the heel incredibly well compared to other boots.
Not worn trainers for years..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

I have 4 or 5 pairs at any one time. One pair for dog walking, gardening, DiY etc and the others for general use.
The oldest are probably 10 years old but not very worn as the load is shared by all the pairs!
I also mostly wear 'slippers' in the house!
Geoff,
York.
Fixes: 125

Don't start me on slippers Wink
SWMBO finally gave up a few years ago as I simply do not like slippers or indoor sandals or anything else (apart from socks) on my feet at home.
But I do abide by her wishes when we visit her family - when in Rome and all that !

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I tend to wear trainers a lot during the day as I visit my club regularly and also play tennis. I have 2 pairs of decent brown shoes and 4 pairs of decent black ones.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

mainly :- slipper indoors, clogs outdoors, waders for fishing
PitchBlack
Grafter

I am with 7up on this, I have steel toecap CAT boots for social, and DeWalt steel toecap boots for work. One pair of trainers which are about 10 years old, falling apart but just handy to put on when going to the corner shop or working in the garden. I get a few looks when going to weddings/funerals in my CAT boots but they are comfortable and I have never been one for fashion.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

CAT? I wouldn't be seen dead in those lol. Those are for lightweights  Tongue
Try something like this:

GPs made by Bata. They're public disorder boots and used by many police forces and fire brigades in the UK. They also look pretty smart for every day use (well.. they are for use with police uniforms!). Unfortunately the UK supplier went bust  Roll eyes No surprise there really.. several of the police forces were forcing the supplier to agree to exclusivity as they didn't want these boots becoming available to the public because they're that solid - in effect if the public had them it would neutralise the police officers / riot squads advantage.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Razer
Grafter

I have four pairs of footwear, the oldest of 15 years relatively recently replaced.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Slippers Inside the house  Wink  2 good pairs leather shoes for wedding funerals etc  and a pair of karrimor walking trainers  Cool
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

Cheapo repeat mail order Clarks black shoes for general usage last about 6 months with Churches for bestest.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Very interesting..... especially Alaricadair last post..... I used to buy "cheap" shoes a while back.... costing around the £25 mark.... synthetic upper and plastic(?) soles..... after about 3 or 4 months the soles would crack across the ball of the foot , necessitating another new pair.... My reason for buying cheap shoes was because I was "short of money" all the time, and could not afford to buy, what I thought" were expensive shoes at around £70 to £80 a pair....
However, I won a few bob on the lottery, ( no not millions.... ) and decided to splash out on an "expensive" pair..... leather uppers and leather soles... first thing I did was to get some rubber soles put on by Timpsons ( in local Tesco).... I asked for heavy duty... and at £15.00 this added to the initial cost... however... as proved over time... paying around £20 for heavy duty sole and heels, when needed  ( usually after about a year )... they have served me well, and still look ( almost ) as good as new... especially when I put some polish on them, and shine them i.a.w Naval tradition.  Cheesy
Community Veteran

My walking pattern causes my shoes to wear out quickly on the outer quadrant of the heel, owing too slightly deformed feet on birth which was not fully corrected. So there's little point in my buying expensive shoes for routine wear, but I like the real leather uppers on the Clarks shoes. They have frequent polishing with Cherry polish.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.