cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shoe Laces

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Shoe Laces

When buying shoes or trainers I have always found they lasted a lot longer than the laces but over the past 4 or 5 years the reverse seems to be true and I have found it necessary to purchase replacement laces.
OK they don't cost much I got some boot laces from e-bay for £2.95 plus a free pair
Perhaps I should have kept some of the old laces ! Smiley 
21 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Shoe Laces

@gleneagles,  you seem to be saying the same thing twice - both cases you need new laces Undecided
My main complaint with trainer laces is that generally they are too long Wink
Fixes: 105

not sure he is..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Funny, I  was going to post a similar but opposite view, this morning, my day to day shoes, seem to be lasting much longer than they used to do... !  wondered if anyone else had the same notion.  Huh
Community Veteran

@dvorak, Maybe it's the way I'm reading it Undecided
Community Veteran

I understood it the same was as you artmo. His shoes last longer than the laces and then they don't last long and he has to replace them Crazy
I prefer footware with velcro or zips to be honest. Laces just annoy me (like clothes hangers, coat hangers, clothes pegs etc). They're fiddly and time consuming = annoyance. I will say however that good quality laces last a lot longer than the typical cheap trash you get with most footwear these days.
I have a pair of steel toe cap boots that I've had for 9 years. The boots are now knackered as they let water in (though still good for car work) but the laces are original and at 9 years old and with many hundreds of miles on them, thats a miracle. The boots weren't cheap though at something like £70.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Quote from: artmo
My main complaint with trainer laces is that generally they are too long Wink

As with most footwear, I find.
I use http://www.biglaces.com/. Something of a misnomer, as they do every lace imaginable.
Not young enough to know everything
Razer
Grafter

Quote from: Sprite
I prefer footware with velcro or zips to be honest. Laces just annoy me.

Me too, but I couldn't find a pair of trainers with velcro that I liked when I last bought a pair. What's really annoying about the pair I did buy (with laces) is that the laces are too long, and one is longer than the other. I keep saying to myself I'll replace them, but here I am at least one year down the line and I still haven't replaced them. Cheesy
Community Veteran

I maybe the dumbest person on this particular thread..... But....
If your trainer laces are too long...............

Find the scissors, and cut them to a length that is more suitable for your usage... .....  Roll eyes

You may find that cutting one in half, will give you a spare pair of the right length  ? ? ?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

But if you shorten them there's no aglet to stop the end fraying.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
I maybe the dumbest person on this particular thread..... But....
If your trainer laces are too long...............

Find the scissors, and cut them to a length that is more suitable for your usage... .....  Roll eyes

You may find that cutting one in half, will give you a spare pair of the right length  ? ? ?
Of course you are not the dumbest person on this thread............ if your laces are too long then..........

get a bigger pair of shoes ! Wink
Community Veteran

@gleneagles I think you are stringing him along Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@w23 2 seconds in a flame, job done
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran

@w23..... you can also dip the ends in Instant glue.... wait until it dries before tying your shoe laces though !....  Shocked
Fixes: 125

Quote from: shutter
... Instant glue.... wait until it dries ...

Not that instant, then  Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still