cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking cyclist behaviour

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Shocking cyclist behaviour

Approaching a roundabout this morning, a cyclist looked over his shoulder and put his hand out to make a right turn, keeping to the correct position all the way round, and signalled left at his turn-off.

Its a good job there were no other cyclists were around, he would have been lynched.

I need to lie down and recover.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Re: Shocking cyclist behaviour

Smiley

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

It makes me laugh when traffic lights and signs have the no right turn or left turn, with underneath a sign saying "Except Cycles".

You'd be hard pushed to find a cyclist, who would see one of those signs and think "Oh it doesn't say Except Cycles underneath I'd better not do it then". Fail to see the point in that signage myself. Crazy2

Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Shocked   

Pity you didn`t have a dashcam filming it.... You could have uploaded it to Youtube and it would have gone viral  (as the saying goes)  Cheesy

Fixes: 72

Surely Youtube would have removed it as fake news.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Community Veteran

Hey shutter!! I have, I didn't think of that.

Maybe not, the poor man may be recognised and have to go into hiding.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

@petlew  Go. on... I dare you ! ..Wink

Of course, you have to use the title of this thread... just to get the views ! !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 31

You could of course post it here @petlew for our delectation.

Community Veteran

Having been out for most of the day it will be a very brief moment in hours of recording, But I'll see if I can find it. Shouldn't be too difficult. But not today now, too busy right now.

Community Veteran

Ok... I've found the dashcam clip that includes the cyclist breaking all the modern rules of cycling by actually indicating his intentions.

And, I would happily post it here except...

I've been just a bit too clever about setting up my NextBase dashcam and it includes my car registration number, and that I'm not prepared to do.

However, if anybody knows how to edit out my personal details, I'll give it a go.

Also unfortunately, the direction of travel is directly into the bright morning sun and does a good job of obliterating most of those few seconds of recording but, the cyclist is still visible waving his arm about after looking over his shoulder, albeit briefly.