cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocked!!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Shocked!!

For the first time in goodness knows how many years, I had a packet of crisps today. More than likely that previous packet was Smiths with the blue salty one.
What shocked me was the 25g of content, that's .88 of an oz. I don't recall how much they cost, but I wonder how its justified.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
7 REPLIES
Steve
Pro

Re: Shocked!!

Learnt my lesson regarding Walkers mutipacks, Hardly anything In them, No wonder they are always on a deal.
Community Veteran

Since posting, I've discovered that it was from a Walkers multi-pack. As you say not much in the pack except air and flavouring..

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Steve
Pro

Maybe they do It for health reasons, Or to cut costs, They do look like a sorry pack though when you open them,
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

That's why I moved over to Seabrook, their 6 pack are 30g per individual pack & in my opinion taste better.
Steve
Pro

I recently tried them gleneagles and have to admit, Very good and tasty crisps. Highly recommended.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Petlew
More than likely that previous packet was Smiths with the blue salty one.

And they cost 2d, think they were 95g
http://www.flickr.com/photos/castlekay/2630591987/
Community Veteran

Quote from: gleneagles
That's why I moved over to Seabrook, their 6 pack are 30g per individual pack.

Ooo!! an increase of 5g dramatic weight increase to 1.05oz must get me some.
Have you any idea what 25 or 30 grams of raw potato looks like, you'd have trouble spotting it in a teaspoon.