cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shirley this was mentioned yesterday?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Shirley this was mentioned yesterday?

The great PlusNet Slowdown yesterday?  Did I miss an announcement?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
15 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

Re: Shirley this was mentioned yesterday?

We posted a number of service status posts about this and kept updating Twitter throughout.
http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=adsldial
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

As of 30 seconds ago I'm now one of your Twitter Groupies.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Chris
We posted a number of service status posts about this and kept updating Twitter throughout.
http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=adsldial

Yeah but despite having email addresses of your users we've not had anything. This is something I continue to complain about Chris. Bob knows it too. You guys DO NOT COMMUNICATE PROPERLY.
For a communications company, don't you find that a bit silly?
So what, you tweeted a few lines.. not everyone uses twitter. How does that help those who don't? - We don't use it.
It's one technical blunder after another with PN I've noticed over the years. Luckily we've not been affected by many of them but you guys really must learn to communicate with your customers a bit more. At least it will show that you care and are trying.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sprite, as we've replied to before it's simply not feasible to send 100's of thousands of emails out for outages. It takes a much much longer time to do then a service status, the signoff is more complicated as we need to ensure the load on the mail platform isn't too high at the time. Personally I'd prefer more frequent smaller updates via service status than less frequent emails about this. I also don't know of any other ISP or company that emails during outages with regular updates (where the outage isn't continued over a number of days).
You do know there is an email feed for our service status you can sign up to don't you? http://usertools.plus.net/status/email.php
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
itsme
Grafter

and I got this email at 10:26, which was 2 minutes after the service status was posted.
Service: Broadband
Posted: Thu, Feb 02 2012 at 10:24:03
Subject: Slow speeds/Data transfer (70143) - UPDATE
This is an update to our previous post regarding customers experiencing slow speed
following last night's Traffic Management maintenance.
As well as slower speeds, customers may now be experiencing data transfer issues,
causing web pages not to load and other internet activities to be slow or
unresponsive.
Our engineers are continuing to investigate the problem and we will update this
service status as soon as we have more information.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing.
Kind Regards,
Joanne Pilson
Customer Support
Community Veteran

Sprite, as we've replied to before it's simply not feasible to send 100's of thousands of emails out for outages

You do know there is an email feed for our service status you can sign up to don't you? http://usertools.plus.net/status/email.php

No, actually I didn't. Thanks for that. I guess that explains the email itsme got then!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and as I pointed out on another thread, the first e-mail was timed at 08:43
this is the last couple of days from the subscribed service
Community Veteran

Quote from: itsme
and I got this email at 10:26, which was 2 minutes after the service status was posted.

I noticed the service was bad couldn't browse anything, Just gave up for the day.
@itsme;- did you sign up somewhere to receive email?
dick:green Quote fixed.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

You can sign up at the link I gave earlier on: http://usertools.plus.net/status/email.php
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

@chris:- thank you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

As one who has "had a go" in the past... and one who has been "subscribed " to the email notifications for a couple of years, I would like to say "Thank You" for the emails, which kept me informed about the slow internet, and the eventual re-instatement.
Usually, I ignore (oops anther thread about this) the service state emails, etc, but this time I did not ignore them...!  Roll eyes
(If nothing else, they prove my email is working properly! ! !)  Cheesy
Community Veteran

I had numerous emails throughout the day keeping me abreast of the problem.  Early in the morning of the problem I telephoned PN and there was even a recorded message saying there was a problem.  Thank you for keeping us unformed Smiley
Community Veteran

You can sign up at the link I gave earlier on: http://usertools.plus.net/status/email.php

Unless you have a hyphen in your email address..
I signed up with my real email addy, then decided I'd rather use a disposable for PN. Unsubscribed, put in my disposable email addy with a hyphen:
Service Status Email Updates
Email Subscription
Error
There has been a problem validating your email address, please check it and try again.

EDIT Ignore, sorted it now.. either that or someone fixed it!
Community Veteran

I'm surprised the "tonite" police haven't paid a visit to this thread to ask who "Shirley" is? Smiley