Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shhh..... According to the media

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Shhh..... According to the media

Alexa might be listening.

But really, who would have one these voice activated devices in their home. Well plenty it seems.

Adopt a Big Brother?

Err, I don't think so. Shocked

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Re: Shhh..... According to the media

Hmm    adopt a big brother.....  ? ? ?  Gender correction ..... isn`t Alexia a female  ?   so it would be " adopt a big SISTER "  ! ! ! !

Shhh... no... not me either....   likewise smart meters... same thing really..

I don`t even us a "loyalty" card in stores... except for the diesel... which morrisons do... and gives missus a fiver every now and then for the shopping.

Community Veteran

@shutter wrote:
no... not me either....   likewise smart meters... same thing really

My latest phone call about smart meters wasn't the usual friendly "would you like one" but the more aggressive "we are calling to arrange an appointment to come and fit your smart meter"  I'll pass thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Seemed a bit underhand and not quite right to me.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@shutter

Same as Smart meters?

Alexa is a female form of Alexander but you are right of course, in this case it would be Big Sister is listening! 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Champnet
Aspiring Pro

A device that's constantly listening to conversations in your house and possibly reporting home ?

I should think there's a receiver available on the market, or soon to be available, that can listen to your local broadcasts.

For security reasons this has to be a lot worse than just leaving the front door wide open..............

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

i_know_youre_listening

Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

@billnotben wrote:

@shutter wrote:
no... not me either....   likewise smart meters... same thing really

My latest phone call about smart meters wasn't the usual friendly "would you like one" but the more aggressive "we are calling to arrange an appointment to come and fit your smart meter"  I'll pass thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Seemed a bit underhand and not quite right to me.

I think the Daily Mail has started an online petition to the government to stop this aggressive marketing from the power companies about the smart meters...

For someone who is not "savvy" that they dont HAVE to have one, it can be quite frightening, as they really don`t know who is calling, and it could be dangerous for them to accept the caller saying "I`m calling from EDF" (or whoever).. and it turns out to be a "naughty boy" who will rob them once the door is opened at the appointment time .... 

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Hard put to know who calls on anybody these days apart from those jolly Jehovah's.